By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Flying Wing glider wanted!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Costello10/05/2009 20:26:48
6 forum posts
I am trying to buy a Flying Wing glider of traditional balsa/ply construction and so far have not found a single supplier!  I don't want a foam/EPP type on this occasion but an ARF swept wing model, pure glider or electric, about 4 feet to 8 feet span and I am amazed they are not listed anywhere in Europe.

Thunder Tiger did produce two wonderful models, the "V-Bat" and the "Velocity 2". While both models are listed by Google they are not actually in the shops anymore. So if anyone knows where I can buy one please e-mail me or reply timcostello1@eircom.net. 

It was always a most magestic if not mystical sight, to see a couple of flying wings aloft against a blue sky with the sun shining through the wing structure. Various countries on the European mainland held 'tailless gliders only' competitions with mass launches. Now that was really a sight to behold!

I look forward to any replies.

Tim Costello.
00111/05/2009 08:55:43
2212 forum posts
1 photos
Tim. There was a wing of the sort you describe made by Robbe which went out of production only a few years ago, I cannot remember what it was called, but it was very attractive. A new kit of one came up on eBay a few months ago. Perhaps a little trawling through the internet might bag one. (In Europe perhaps).
ken anderson.11/05/2009 19:47:32
8349 forum posts
768 photos
about 4 ins away to our right hand side is an advert for plan's at my hobby store-give them a try --i'm sure you'll find what want.............

ken anderson............
Terence Lynock20/05/2009 17:37:29
2453 forum posts
46 photos
One I have earmarked to build that you would love is CIR, freebie plan with RCM&E January 2002 - buy the back issue with the plan and article if you can.
Long swept wing with Speed 400 motor but easily converted and conventional build, could be enlarged too and really looks good, would look great at 8 ft span, very Hortenish in appearance,

regards,   Terry

P.S Have a look at the Horten XIIIA on Gurrgle, I have some plans if you want to give it a go.
Bustergrunt04/06/2009 19:13:25
156 forum posts
33 photos
The Thunder Tiger wing called the V-Bat was nice but fragile, no good for landing in the heather on a slope really

Edited By Bustergrunt on 04/06/2009 19:14:27

Erfolg04/06/2009 21:32:00
11211 forum posts
1106 photos

Just build one, I did 15-20 years ago.

It is now in its 4th iteration, from IC power, a glider and now electric.

They are fun.

Erfolg

Eric Johnson27/10/2009 22:12:51
7 forum posts
9 photos
Here is a classic all wood aerobatic wing you might be interested in. Im offering sub-kit packages for this 71" majestic flyer now after scratch building and testing recently from the original plans. Its called the GRYPHON. Here is the link for info:

Cheers...Eric

Edited By Eric Johnson on 27/10/2009 22:15:25

Edited By Eric Johnson on 27/10/2009 22:17:01

EDIT......link shortened..

Edited By Phil Wood - Moderator on 27/10/2009 22:36:02

Soar Boy17/10/2018 15:55:28
2 forum posts

There is another classic aerobatics wing with some great detail solutions.

http://www.vogel-fly.de/projekte/batwing/batwing

regards, Chris

Edited By Soar Boy on 17/10/2018 15:59:27

Sheepish17/10/2018 16:52:49
5 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Tim, have a look at a RES Dart from Hyperflight (or directly from the German supplier) or search for Orion 7 Neurflugel on the internet. I have just built the RES Dart and it’s a really good kit. I have the Orion 7 to build next and this is a 3 m wooden glider for pure gliding or electric power. PM me if you want more information.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us