Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

New 2.4 AR9300

Spektrum R/X

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek02/06/2009 09:17:59
28 forum posts
Having carbon fuz models in my fleet i was interested in the new carbon friendly R/X, has anyone used one yet?

If yes is it any good, or is it possable to extend the whiskas on the other R/X to achieve the same result, ie, whiskas sticking outside the fuz, do not need to be to long as most F3b/j fuzelages are quite narrow?
G02/07/2009 21:38:03
121 forum posts
2 photos
I just got one.  It'll take me a while to fit it and assess it in the air though.

Some US flyers have extended the aerials on the 'normal' Spektrum receivers with success.  Not the same as the genuine 9300 though, because that has coex grounded via special plugs onto the circuit board.  The modded normal receivers aren't grounded and so won't be as good in radio terms.  But people claim they're working good enough.

There is a £20 carbon extension receiver you can buy.  You could plug that into a normal 7000 or 9000 receiver.  Then you'd have two short aerials on the normal receiver and one carbon aerial on the extension receiver.  Might be good enough for your needs.

Derek03/07/2009 11:41:28
28 forum posts
Gary, Iwould appreciate an update on how you get on with the AR 9300?
What was the best price you managed?
Derek

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us