Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Ar6100e problems

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
carl spencer 210/06/2009 21:46:12
6 forum posts
Hi,
i am just about finished building the stevens aero Dystraction, nice looking plane and i have installed all my servos where they are needed i have installed a 10a brushless speed controller with a tornado out runner mini bell i think?
once i have bound the transmitter to the 6100e all surfaces move as they should
i am getting glitching and when i make agressive stick control with the ailerons 
i loose signal after a period 3-5 seconds it recovers
can any one help me ?
thanks

Edited By carl spencer 2 on 10/06/2009 21:53:43

Martin Harris10/06/2009 21:53:20
8732 forum posts
214 photos
Too much load on the BEC perhaps?  How many servos?  You might need a separate rx battery or a uBEC
carl spencer 210/06/2009 21:55:38
6 forum posts
4 servos installed
1 rudder
1 elevator
2 alierons

sorry what is a uBec?
Martin Harris10/06/2009 22:15:09
8732 forum posts
214 photos
The BEC in a speed controller can only supply a limited current - especially if you use more than a 3 cell LiPo.  Yours is a fairly small speed controller.

If the BEC is unable to supply sufficient current you may get a drop in voltage causing the receiver to brown out - Timbo would know more about Spektrum receivers than me and will probably confirm or deny this?

A uBEC is an additional voltage regulator that works without trying to dump excess voltage as heat. They aren't expensive - try a Google search or pop into your local model shop.
Tim Mackey10/06/2009 22:36:21
20919 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Are you getting these problems when ground / bench testing? if so, you could be swamping the system by holding the Tx too close to the model.
The 6100E Rx are only classed as park range incidentally, and many were released without the latest quick connect firmware. It does sound as though you are suffering a brown out and your Rx is not QC enabled.The fact that it happens after twiddling the ailerons suggests that the extra load of two servos is pulling the supply voltage of the BEC down below minmum levels.
Martin is correct, you should use a UBEC or separate battery for radio power if you are suffering brown outs - the BEC in many ESCs is simply not up to the job.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 10/06/2009 22:40:19

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 10/06/2009 22:41:50

carl spencer 210/06/2009 22:52:47
6 forum posts
thanks for your help guys!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us