By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Advice needed on installing a 4st where a 2 st used to be ?

Anti -vibration needed or not ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Myron Beaumont19/06/2009 11:08:07
5797 forum posts
51 photos
For the fourth time I'm putting another engine in my home design 'very lightly built "gangster " type model 60 inch span. .The engines used so far have been a Super tigre 60 ,an Irvine 53 ,an SC 91A (far too powerful) & now have a lovely OS 52  4st to fit .  The original engine mount has been on an aluminium plate screwed to the front of hardwood bearers extending from nose to wing TE ( good and solid) .Having had the SC in situ I had to cut the aluminium out too big for my OS . I have made a steel copy  with the necessary  gap for the crankcase . The question is Should I sandwich rubber/ sponge between the two metals & if so How thick -What type ? or just mount the steel firmly to the ali.? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's not a good thing for the engine to be wobbling as it does the internals no good .
Would appreciate practical guidance please .I reckon the OS will be just perfect -even C of G wise as my servos are all as far rearward as they will go.after the SC91 fitting. No matter what I do I am ready to reshape the front end so that my spinner blends in with the slight increase in height  of the new configuration
Myron
00119/06/2009 11:37:28
2212 forum posts
1 photos
Myron, if you have had  the other larger engines fitted with no difficulty, vibration fron the OS (what little there is) should be no problem..
Myron Beaumont19/06/2009 11:40:22
5797 forum posts
51 photos
Thanks Richard .You've put my mind at ease .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!