I know it should be simple but..

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alex Leigh08/07/2009 21:35:36
892 forum posts
56 photos
1 articles
.. so am I

Right understand I have to reverse the polarity. Have charger in my hand. Am awaiting technical people to explain exactly how I do that. I am guess it's not as simple as cutting the plug end off and swapping the wires over? Surely not!
Phil Wood.08/07/2009 21:50:23
3638 forum posts
27 photos
Are you talking about a Tx battery charger and do both Tx's have the same charge socket and  use the same batteries? (think they do)

Polyphilla.
Alex Leigh08/07/2009 21:59:34
892 forum posts
56 photos
1 articles
They do but the polarity is reversed even tho the socket is the same. So yep, it's just the standard wall charger. New one is a tenner, have an old fuby here so was hoping to do a conversion.
Phil Wood.08/07/2009 22:13:41
3638 forum posts
27 photos
Then it's as you say, chop and switch the wires..........remember to work out how long you need to leave it charging unless it has auto cut-off.

If you have a tast meter check that the center pin is negative for JR ........don't worry about the voltage reading, that will be way high but drops as soon as you connect it to the battery.

If you're cutting the wires you can even leave your test meter connected at these points and monitor the battery voltage as it's charging.

Polyphilla
John Laird09/07/2009 19:45:49
427 forum posts
46 photos
as well as reversing polarity, JR use a different slightly larger plug size for their TX socket.  If you use JR to charge Fut check the plug will fit socket before crossing wires.

I bought matching plug and sockets at Maplins a long time ago and made up 2 sets with crossed wires 
Fut to JR   and   JR to Futaba-

so long ago I cannot remember the sizes 

I may have gone in with the charging leads and tried them on the sockets to make sure I got the right ones

Edited By John Laird on 09/07/2009 19:48:39

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us