Forum sponsored by CML

Spektrum dx7

loss of rf output

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob S03/08/2009 19:40:29
12 forum posts
hi all,
        Many thanks for reading this.  I have a little problem with my dx7 tx.  I was out flying (a while back, when we had some summer days !!) my  precision aerobatics Katana, I had a couple of flights.  Recharged the batt and set to for another sortie, switched on tx, connected batt in plane.  Nothing, no control or solid light, Nothing.  Tryed another model, same thing.  I then noticed that the green light on rear of tx was not comming on .   Home I went, then decided to try flight sim worked perfectly, but thats not all when I disconnected the tx from comp and switched on tx, green light came on. Everything now worked as it should do.  However after 4 weeks or so, I was setting up a glider (ready for the nice weather   when I lost all control.  Yet again no r.f. output.  Any help would be gratefully received.  I am now getting worried, this might happen while in flight.
          Bob (G0PMI)

Phil Wood.03/08/2009 19:51:48
3638 forum posts
27 photos
That could be 101 things Bob, any comment would be guesswork without having the equipment open for testing.
 Check all the obvious like dirty battery connections first, but the only safe way is to send it back for service.

Polyphilla.
Bob S03/08/2009 23:02:08
12 forum posts
Hi Phil
        many thanks for the reply.  Yes I think you may be right, however the fault is so itermittent that I think it will take a long time to trace.  I thought it might be dirt in the buddy box connecter, not allowing the contacts to reconnect, but I think that may be a no go.  Thanks for help anyway.  Any sugestion anyone has, I would still be interested.
           Cheers
                Bob (G0PMI)

Tim Mackey03/08/2009 23:14:49
20919 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
The only sensible advice I can offer is to send it back to HH UK and get them to thoroughly check it over...they will probably not even charge you for this service.
Bob S05/08/2009 15:19:47
12 forum posts
Hi One and all,
                 Yes I have to agree with you all.  It is the only sensible thing to do, but you know what it's like (Or at least it is with me) you try to look for something quite obvious first, at times I can be really daft and do daft things, and I suppose I was just hoping that this would be one of those.  Programming finger problem   If you get my drift
               Bob (G0PMI)

Stephen Grigg08/08/2009 00:48:54
8691 forum posts
1128 photos
As a precaution I sent some  AR6200 back as a  precaution and piece of mind .Both apparently tested OK but Horizon Hobby sent me 2 new ones in lieu .They suggested it could be my controller.Id  PX my previous DX7 for the new one I now have,again for piece of mind and to eliminate all possibilitiesfor a couple of lost signals.I immediately telephoned the shop Ive been dealing with to warn them of the possibilities.Great service by all concerned
Bob S28/08/2009 17:50:48
12 forum posts
Hi one and all,
           This is just by way of an update.  The tx worked fine for a few weeks,  not flying, just switching on every now and then each day.  Always green light on rear went solid after a second.  (weather has been too bad to fly anyway)  But then,,,  One day the other week I swithched on and the green light just blinked very quickly.  Plugged in a jack into the buddy socket, took it out and green light solid.  So needless to say I did send it back to HH on Tuesday  (Still under warrenty)  The tx turned up Friday, with the report :- fault replicated on bench.  Action :- new Transmitter.   What about  3 days  For a return.  Fantastic service...  They sent a new instruction manual as well.  Wonder! are they trying to tell me something?       Well all thats left is to programme it up for my hangar of planes  about 9 !!     Instructions might come in handy after all.  I had to send a new futty back a number of years ago.  IT TOOK THEM 2 WEEKS TO RETURN..     HH seem to have everything up to spek    (OOOPPSSSS Sorry)
            Good luck all
             Sleep tight and fly better
                  Bob (G0PMI)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us