By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Parkzone sukhoi - it's here! what do u think?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Olly Giles11/08/2009 16:58:05
248 forum posts
14 photos
Finally its here. Mine is great apart from one thing. It dosn't fly as well as i hoped. It seems to want to drop its wing in every turn and head towards the ground. It feels like it is unstable and jittery. I have fiddled withthe c of g but nothing seems to make it more comfortable. Has anyone had the same experience?
Martin McIntosh30/09/2009 21:56:58
3083 forum posts
1119 photos
Hi, I bought one three weeks ago on the strength of the hype and reports of it performing just  like a larger model. It is very disappointing and just the opposite.
The cg is miles too far forward and even with two M4 nuts taped to the rear fus. to correct it it just nosedives on four points or knife edge as if the rudder was going in the wrong direction, despite moving the linklage to give maximum deflection. Spins are very steep although stall turns are OK. Power is very lacking on the suppied battery and I broke the prop. on the third, very gentle landing.
The supplied equipment is very good value and when I wreck it I shall try to use it in something more sensible.
Martin McIntosh30/09/2009 22:01:06
3083 forum posts
1119 photos
PS. May do a test report soon so that others do not make the same mistake of buying it for what it is supposed to be.
Olly Giles01/10/2009 18:54:44
248 forum posts
14 photos
i agree. i have tried to get te c of g sot on but still if you go any slower than a fast run in a turn it tipstalls in. I have been flying for 11 yers and (not to blow my own trumpet) i am an advanced piolet but this plne is the most difficult little thing i have ever come across. It just wont behave. Yes it will do most manouvers but it certinly dosent fly like a 120. That claim is frankly, rubbish. You can fly a 120 along at walking pace and turn one in its own length. I am highly dissapointed. Its like flying with two big holes in the wings! anything other than straight and level it tipstalls. And dont even think about trying to fly on just ailerons you need to hold rudder in on a bank or else it will tipstall.

anyone agree?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 01/10/2009 19:04:13

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us