Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

flaperons on a dx6i and 5 channel receiver

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
martyn sharp15/08/2009 09:22:43
420 forum posts
10 photos
  Can you set up flaperons on a dx6i and 5 channel receiver using the 5th channel as the second airerlon servo.

thanks

Martyn
cagey27/08/2009 20:07:05
112 forum posts
3 photos
Hey Martin, Been there, done that and sorry my man it's a definite no, the 5th channel is actually a built in Y lead to allow you twin servo function. Bummer. I'm trying for the same with an AR6200 R / X, see my thread dated 27/08/09. Regards, Cagey.
Phil 927/08/2009 20:26:35
4278 forum posts
218 photos
flaperons do work on the AR6200. I have this setup
Tim Mackey27/08/2009 21:58:58
20914 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
If its the AR500 you are referring to then then try this which I found on another site.
  1. Follow all normal flaperon setup instructions, as if you're using a 6+ channel receiver.
    2. Decide whether you want flaps on channel 1 (THRO - works for a glider) or channel 5 (GEAR). In the travel setup option, set that channel to 0% up and down.
    3. Assuming you chose GEAR as the normal FLAP channel, set mix #5 to AILE->GEAR +100% up and down.
    4. Set mix #6 to FLAP->GEAR +100% up and down.

When you now go to the servo position view, you should see FLAP and your chosen channel track exactly. I added ELEV->FLAP mixing in the dedicated screen for that, another custom mix as mix #1, and it all looked good. You lose 2 custom mixes, but otherwise it's just like a normal flaperon setup and hopefully most people will have a couple of free mixes

Perhaps the one useful variation on other posts was my step 2, where I set the servo travel to 0% up and down. This effectively disconnects the gear switch or throttle stick from having any direct input on that channel, while avoiding the need to use another mix or funky offsets. Several other posts had said it was hard to disable the switch, but setting travel to 0% does it.

The cool and surprising thing, however, is that the control can still be used in mixes. For example, I decided to use the throttle channel as flap on my slope glider, so I set the throttle travel to 0% and added the #5 and #6 mixes from AILE and FLAP to THRO. But I can still mix the throttle channel into elevator, in order to trim to nose up or down with the throttle stick. In fact, I even mixed the throttle stick into flaps, with no problems. I didn't know if THRO->FLAP as mix #1 and FLAP->THRO as mix #6 would confuse it, but it works fine.

So setting the travel to 0% seems to remove the last little bit of hackiness. It would be even better if you could just reassign the channels, but otherwise this seemed pretty clean.

Flash116/09/2009 11:59:00
61 forum posts
Hi Timbo
I have been trying this but getting no response. Are you talking about a Spektrum DX6i trani as mine only has a mix 1 and mix 2. No no:5 or 6:

Flash1
Tim Mackey16/09/2009 12:10:02
20914 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
No, sorry, this is for the DX7 tx.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Motion RC
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us