By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Spektrum DX7 SE - trainer help?!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Russ197419/09/2009 11:20:40
44 forum posts
My Futaba is going back as it's faulty, so I am going to switch to a Spektrum DX7 which is what most people at the local club appear to be using.  Most places only seem to be stocking the DX7 SE (Special Edition) and are out of stock on the standard DX7.  So, just about to order one when I spot this in the description

"Note: the trainer function has been removed from the DX7se"

Can anybody ellaborate?  Does this mean I cannot "buddy" with another controller, or plug in to a simulator? 

Help!
Jonathan Lewzey19/09/2009 11:37:50
1136 forum posts
683 photos
you should be able to use a sim with it as i can't see spektrum removing the trainer socket, especially as this tx is designed for 3D heli pilots and others who require a high speed radio who will regularly use their sim. Either there is no trainer software on the tx, or the trainer switch has been removed. Either will prevent you flying on a buddy box so my advice would be to shop around on the internet till you find one of the standard units at an acceptable price or look around the 2nd hand market. There are some good deals to be done (just bought a DX7tx from a friend with 4x spektrum digi servos for £120)
Russ197421/09/2009 19:05:21
44 forum posts
Well would you believe it ... took a drive over to a local(ish) model retailer today where they had the DX7se in stock, but no "standard edition".  I figured as long as I could still hook up to a simulator and buddy, but not have a trainer switch to teach others, it's no big deal as it'll be a long time before I am able to teach.

I spoke to the guy at the desk, seemed to know his stuff, but also was not sure of the extent to which the trainer function had been removed on th special edition.  So he opened one up and was as stunned as I was to see not just no trainer switch, but no trainer plug socket.  Where the socket normally is, was just a blanking plate.  So the se will not buddy in either direction, has no trainer switch, and will not hook up to a simulator.  Hopefully this information will be useful for others considering this model - I will cross post (sorry!) in to the R/C forum in answer to my own question that I dual posted there.

Russ.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us