Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Spektrum DX7SE - trainer

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Russ197419/09/2009 11:35:58
44 forum posts
Hi,

Apologies for posting in two places, I have asked this question in the "beginner" section (because I am one) but have just found this dedicated Spektrum area.

I was just about to order myself a DX7se (Special Edition) but noted this statement in the specifications;

"Note: the trainer function has been removed from the DX7se"

... can anybody ellaborate on what this means?  Does it mean I cannot "buddy" with another remote / plug in to a simulator?

Thanks,
Russ.
Peewhit20/09/2009 19:49:03
795 forum posts
264 photos
Russ,
It looks like that is precisely what they mean.
Without the trainer function you cannot "buddy" or connect to a simulator.
If you need these functions, why not get the standard DX7?
It does everything I need.
Stephen Grigg21/09/2009 09:52:56
8691 forum posts
1128 photos
Yes thays right there is no buddy socket,the ordinary DX7 is OK
Russ197421/09/2009 19:06:49
44 forum posts
Already pretty much been answered above, but just to confirm ... today I took a drive over to a local(ish) model retailer today where they had the DX7se in stock, but no "standard edition".  I figured as long as I could still hook up to a simulator and buddy, but not have a trainer switch to teach others, it's no big deal as it'll be a long time before I am able to teach.

I spoke to the guy at the desk, seemed to know his stuff, but also was not sure of the extent to which the trainer function had been removed on th special edition.  So he opened one up and was as stunned as I was to see not just no trainer switch, but no trainer plug socket.  Where the socket normally is, was just a blanking plate.  So the se will not buddy in either direction, has no trainer switch, and will not hook up to a simulator.  Hopefully this information will be useful for others considering this model !

Russ.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us