Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

where to post AR500

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
J V R12/10/2009 23:41:03
320 forum posts
62 photos
I have an AR500 receiver that I'm not sure about as I have had a couple of problems with it & want to send it back to have it checked,where do I send it ??
Tim Mackey12/10/2009 23:44:21
20914 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Horizon Hobby UK
Units 1 to 4 Ployters Road
Staple Tye,
Southern Way,
Harlow,
ESSEX CM18 7NS
J V R13/10/2009 00:15:30
320 forum posts
62 photos
Thanks Timbo....
batcho9919/10/2009 08:31:05
347 forum posts
16 photos
Timbo. Is it worth phoning them first before sending a faulty item? I can't believe it, but this will be the second time in a week that I have needed to contact them. I lost a very old friend yesterday, my 12 year old + Acrowot! I have recently changed it over to 2.4 using an ar500. It bought it yesterday when It lost signal. I had a full 6v battery and all usual pre flights completed. Just no response. I just had to watch it go in! Took some digging out did that os70!

Anyway, I want the rx checking, it took well over 5 seconds to bind, I think its got the old software!  Gutted.
Simon B19/10/2009 09:03:14
1936 forum posts
284 photos
Batch, the same thing happened to me with an AR500.  It's a very common fault, but i rang them first and they just said to post it in.  It doesn't hurt calling them.
Tim Mackey19/10/2009 09:14:40
20914 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
I wouldnt bother TBH - they will almost certainly request that you send it in. This will ( I am certain ) result in them checking it thoroughly both physically and operationally, and repairing anything required. Include a brief note of your suspicions -  I am also certain that all of this will be carried out very quickly, the unit returned to you also very quickly..... and all FOC.  Now really, why wouldnt you
Sorry to hear of the Acro Wot, and at the risk of sounding patronising.... I have been warning of the dangers of using non QC enabled Rxs for some time now. Of course, I am not confirming that this was indeed the cause of your crash, in fact, from the descripotion....it sounds like something else. If indeed the battery was a good 'un , and at 6V before flight, brown out is very unlikely.
Tim Mackey19/10/2009 09:29:36
20914 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Posted by Simon B on 19/10/2009 09:03:14:
Batch, the same thing happened to me with an AR500.  It's a very common fault, but i rang them first and they just said to post it in.  It doesn't hurt calling them.
  I dont think you can really call it a fault. The units are equipped with QC.... but it jst happens to be a slower version! Upgrading to the faster eresponse QC does certainly instill greater confidence, but it s not a repair of a fault as such. After all, if they called them "service packs" or "enhancements" like good ol Microsoft do every time they need to send you a "update"to your computer we probaly wouldnt bat an eyelid.
By my reckoning, and using the "fault" analogy, Windows XP has had around 3700 "faults" in it since release.... then again, thats about right I guess
batcho9919/10/2009 11:10:31
347 forum posts
16 photos
Sorry Tim. I have definately over looked these posts on the rx, but I will have a look at them all now. Is there a physical difference between the 'upgreded' types? Like a part no. or sticker? I have a feeling mine could be the 'slower version' .
Ver 1.3 or above I think are fast QC ... but couldnt swear to it. best way to find out is do the test I described in the thread.

Iain

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 19/10/2009 12:42:03

batcho9919/10/2009 18:34:26
347 forum posts
16 photos
Thought i'd share a pic of the os70 that was in the Acrowot. I know its slightly off topic but as I brought it up in this thread...

I hope it cleans up ok, full strip down I think.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Motion RC
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us