Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Issue Binding AR500 Receiver.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Hugh Coleman18/10/2009 10:05:52
518 forum posts
11 photos
I just purchesed an AR500 to go in my Seagull PT-19 ARF.

The instructions for my DX7 Trannie state to Switch the power on to the receiver while the Transmitter is on and the Bind button depressed.
The Instructions for the Receiver say to press the bind button after powering up the Rec.
Either way, all I get is a rapidly flashing LED on the reciever and no binding.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Hugh
slippyr418/10/2009 10:38:33
33 forum posts
Put the bind plug into the correct port on the receiver, and turn the receiver on.

The LED on the receiver will be flashing quite fast.

Now, depress the bind button on the transmitter and keep holding it down. Turn the transmitter on, keeping the button held down.

Watch the LED on the receiver: it's blinking pattern will change, and in approx 5 seconds, you'll hear the servos twitch and you'll have control of the model.

At this point, you can let go of the bind button on the transmitter, and then turn off the receiver, turn off the transmitter, and remove the bind plug from the receiver. 
Alan B18/10/2009 10:47:44
680 forum posts
92 photos
High Hugh

Easy way -  Select a free channel on your TX for your seagull set to acro. Turn off the Tx  - Put your bind plug into the battery socket on your receiver.  Connect your flight pack (battery) to any of the other sockets eg : aux2 - rudder etc.  The receiver will flash rapidly. Hold in the bind button on the back of your transmitter and turn on the TX. Keep holding in the bind button till the RX light goes solid.   Pull out the battery  from your RX and the bind plug - switch off your TX  - Job done!

Al
Tim Mackey18/10/2009 10:56:28
20919 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Both above are correct, but one thing i would add is to be patient. Sometimes the LEDs will take quite a while ( up to 30 seconds ) to go solid, which is the ONLY true confirmation that bind is complete. If using a twin rx unit such as the AR7000 etc, then wait for BOTH units LEDs to go solid....one often locks before the other.
PS dont forget to remove the bind plug and re-arrange the leads in to the rx ports as necessary.
Hugh Coleman18/10/2009 11:30:31
518 forum posts
11 photos
Thanks everyone. 
I feel very stupid now.  I went back out to the shed, re-read the Trannie instructions and sorted it out.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Hugh

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us