Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

British Freestyle Aerobatic Club Talks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Hawtin20/11/2009 10:42:45
59 forum posts
8 photos

There are many club pilots who own some form of aerobatic aircraft and enjoy trying to emulate the flying they see at the shows. These aircraft; be they generic “pattern” style or Scale versions of competition aerobatic machines are capable of more than the average loop, roll or spin. Even Sports models like the PC9 or Acrowot can be used with great effect in freestyle aerobatics.

The British Freestyle Aerobatic Championships (BFAC) has been championing aerobatics that are not strictly pattern, or just 3D gyrations hanging around the strip. The BFAC encourages a mixture of piloting skills that mixes precision aerobatics with artistic aerobatics to music.

As a way to encourage the average club pilot to take a step forward into competition the BFAC team is organising club talks to cover aspects of aerobatic competition, Freestyle flying, Model Set up and trimming.

We would like to find clubs around the UK that would like to host one of these talks. There will be a small donation of £40 to cover the costs. If you would like to host an event at your club, get in touch with me.

Edited By Peter Hawtin on 20/11/2009 10:46:34

David Ashby - Moderator20/11/2009 14:20:03
11059 forum posts
1740 photos
619 articles
That's a great idea Peter - can you please PM me your contact phone no so I can get this in the mag news pages. 

Please also let me have the dates as they are agreed so I can pop them in our events listings.

Thanks, David.  
Chris Card20/11/2009 18:21:11
458 forum posts
41 photos
1 articles
Someone's beaten you to it David.  Sept 11th-12th, it's in the Dec issue of RCM&E!
David Ashby - Moderator20/11/2009 18:45:42
11059 forum posts
1740 photos
619 articles
I meant the dates of the club events Peevie. The 11-12 Sept 2010 date is for the main British Freestyle comp.  
Chris Card20/11/2009 19:30:11
458 forum posts
41 photos
1 articles
Aha... my bad
Peter Hawtin23/11/2009 10:56:51
59 forum posts
8 photos
AS we get responces from the clubs and dates set I will send the to you David as I am sure the clubs would like the exposure.

So far I have been contacted by three clubs from the posting on here, so there is good interest.

Peter

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!