Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Spektrum DX6i trainer-jack safety bulletin

Spektrum DX6i trainer-jack safety bulletin

Check this out if you own a DX6i - 12/11/09

Peter 'Ivanna Crashalot' Savage28/11/2009 00:04:16
1557 forum posts
58 photos
My DX6i Tx does not have any date codes but when i have been carrying out maintenance inside the transmitter there is a very strong smell of burning electronics, there is no smoke or anything.
Dave Bran28/11/2009 06:08:18
1896 forum posts
5 photos
Errrrr..........................

"maintenance inside the transmitter"

And that would be what, exactly?

Is (or should I say WAS!) this unit in warranty?

As long as you are not confusing the smell of a PCB's lacquer, and unfortunately "SmelloForums" have not been invented yet, then you'd obviously be ill advised to carry on using it........get it checked out, soon as, by a professional.

Tim Mackey28/11/2009 09:11:11
20920 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Amen
Peter 'Ivanna Crashalot' Savage28/11/2009 19:23:46
1557 forum posts
58 photos
Repairing the frankly pathetic attempt at making remotely competent trim tabs that don't snap when there is 0.001n too much force applied to the wretched things.

Dont suppose anyone has meddled with ameteur electronics, it smelt something like that.

A while ago i sent horizon hobby an email about possibly making upgraded trim tabs for the DX6i, no response so i have actually made a mould to have a go at making some pewter trim tabs (purely cause it can be melted with a blowtorch)

To be blunt it seems like they spent most of the DX6i development funds on the bubbly for the annual company party

If you actually looke at the design for the trim tab, i just dont see why they would make it so thin and flimsy.

On mine and my dads transmitters' trim tabs have snapped, we can't be the only ones plagued by these problems and having to wait 7+ days for some bloke in a ware house clipping a new plastic part in then it is sent off
Peter 'Ivanna Crashalot' Savage28/11/2009 19:23:49
1557 forum posts
58 photos
Repairing the frankly pathetic attempt at making remotely competent trim tabs that don't snap when there is 0.001n too much force applied to the wretched things.

Dont suppose anyone has meddled with ameteur electronics, it smelt something like that.

A while ago i sent horizon hobby an email about possibly making upgraded trim tabs for the DX6i, no response so i have actually made a mould to have a go at making some pewter trim tabs (purely cause it can be melted with a blowtorch)

To be blunt it seems like they spent most of the DX6i development funds on the bubbly for the annual company party

If you actually looke at the design for the trim tab, i just dont see why they would make it so thin and flimsy.

On mine and my dads transmitters' trim tabs have snapped, we can't be the only ones plagued by these problems and having to wait 7+ days for some bloke in a ware house clipping a new plastic part in then it is sent off
Frank Skilbeck28/11/2009 20:43:16
4671 forum posts
101 photos
Peter, one of the trim tabs on my 18 month old DX6i went about 4 months ago, so I phoned Horizon and they advised that there was a new design, at the time they didn't have any of those as spare (but sent me an old style one straight away)

I still have this as a spare as I managed to repair the old trim tab with Cyano and used this to create a fillet around the break point, so far it has been fine.

Shame nobody stocks these Metal Trim Tabs in the UK

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!