vote for your favourite shops, suppliers and kits!
....and the winners are...... - 2/2/10
|David Ashby - Moderator||07/12/2009 08:03:06|
10935 forum posts
I've always wanted to hold a Modelflying.co.uk awards where we could ask members and RCM&E readers to vote for their hobby favourites in a number of categories. I think it's important to recognise good service and good products so would you mind spending a few moments to tell us your....
Best high street retailer
Best mail order supplier
Best UK distributor
Best Kit (given lead and advanced publicity times , lets say any kit introduced say, in the last 2 years)
Just leave a post below with your votes in the four categories above. We'll count the votes on Mon 11th Jan and get in touch with the winners to let them know that they're the 2009 modelflying.co.uk winners! We'll award the winners a special framed certificate in recognition - something that can hopefully find pride of place in their establishment.
You can say why you like the companies you've voted for if you'd like to of course......
Come on, let's give some recognition to those who work hard and deserve it
Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 07/12/2009 09:03:02
|2212 forum posts|
Good idea David.
1)Sussex Model Centre
2)Keimod (Hong Kong)
How's that for starters?
|David Ashby - Moderator||07/12/2009 08:48:15|
10935 forum posts
That's fine Richard, thanks for starting things off there.
Come on folks let us know who who you've been impressed with
2516 forum posts
1 marionville models (edinburgh)
2 just engines
|Peter Miller||07/12/2009 08:56:54|
10496 forum posts
1 Galaxy Models
2 Galaxy Models
4 Don't build kits
|Bruce Richards||07/12/2009 08:58:25|
1849 forum posts
1 Tempest models
3 Horizon Hobbies
|David Mclean||07/12/2009 09:00:34|
|1 forum posts|
1 Sussex Model Centre
2 Hobby King
|andy harrold||07/12/2009 09:07:01|
70 forum posts
what have you got
special award: Timbo!
Edited By andy harrold on 07/12/2009 09:08:23
261 forum posts
1) Sussex Model Centre
2) Giant Cod
4) E-Flite Pulse 25
|Clive Matthews||07/12/2009 09:21:20|
335 forum posts
1, Marionville Models - Good stock, advice, sensible pricing, location.
2, Hobby King - Informative and comprehensive website, stock and pricing.
3, Horizon - Service, product, informative.
Now, silly question, dare you have a 'worst' list?
|Braddock, VC||07/12/2009 09:27:12|
1640 forum posts
1 elite models, ashford, kent
2 Inwoods models
3 J Perkins
4 Wot 4 ARTF
|Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator||07/12/2009 09:52:51|
15748 forum posts
1. Steve Webb Models - (for good prices, excellent service and general helpfulness! )
2. Sussex Model Centre - (for; speed, stock availability and price)
3. J. Perkins - (who got my new carburettor for me!)
4. WOT4 ARTF - (I don't have the kit version - have an "old" one! - but bringing it out as a kit for the next generation to enjoy was a brilliant idea.)
|ken anderson.||07/12/2009 10:32:41|
8518 forum posts
gladston's north shields/concept model,s
best forumite ken anderson...........
|Pete B - Moderator||07/12/2009 10:39:24|
7614 forum posts
3. Horizon Hobbies
|Alex Leigh||07/12/2009 11:07:50|
892 forum posts
1. Leeds Model Shop
2. Phoenix Model Products (Stan Yeo, top man)
3. No opinio
4. Multiplex Easyglider (just pipping the Wildthing!)
|Simon K 3||07/12/2009 11:51:48|
96 forum posts
1. Andover Model Centre - Small one man band, but very helpful and friendly
2. Phoenix Model Products - Good stock, efficient and very helpful
3. Horizon Hobbies - Customer service - speed and efficiency with regards to Spektrum kit absolutely outstanding!4. Sebart Miss Wind 50e - Outstanding bi-plane with excellent build quality, attention to detail and innovative idea to attach wings with carbon rods.
Almost as quick as some of my single wing planes!
Edited By Simon K 3 on 07/12/2009 11:53:35
|Richard Wood||07/12/2009 12:42:53|
1094 forum posts
1. Sussex Model Centre - They seem to stock just about everything.
2. Galaxy Models - Helpful, friendly & efficient.
3. Overlander - On the ball with electric flight stuff.
4. Wot4 Classic - Don't let the ARTF put it out of production!
|Lee Smalley||07/12/2009 13:02:47|
2125 forum posts
1. steve Webbs (the only proper model shop near me)
2. BRC Hobbies (allways fast service and good advice)
3. Horizon Hobbies (sevice dept is the best ever encountered)
4. Multiplex Blizzard (just a great flying allrounder)
|Jonathan Lewzey||07/12/2009 14:48:05|
1136 forum posts
Best high street retailer - I tend to buy on the internet nowadays, but for the wide geographical distribution of shops - Als Hobbies
Best mail order supplier - Robotbirds - good service, huge range of quality products
Best UK distributor - Horizon Hobby - sent me a free AR6100 what more could you want?
Best Kit - Alula EVO - recently reintroduced, great fun, looking forward to flying mine more
|Iain Jeffrey||07/12/2009 15:39:36|
|41 forum posts|
1.Best High St Retailer Glaston's, North Shields
2.Best Mail order RC World / Leeds Model Shop
3.Best Distributor Weston UK
4.Best Kit Capiche 140
Edited By Iain Jeffrey on 07/12/2009 15:40:52
Please login to post a reply.
Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!