Forum sponsored by CML

Super tiger 2000

Exhaust for super tiger 2000

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
duane wallace19/03/2010 21:03:26
54 forum posts
Hi Folks

Need  some help , have just got a old db hurricane ( still in great condition just needs new paint job) with a super tiger 2000 up front , only thing is it doesn't have an exhaust with it , I was thinking about getting a petrol engine for it but the 2000 has never been used and would be a shame not to . does any one know where i can get one ?

also i can't find any specs , what size prop would fit it ?

Thanks

Duane  

ken anderson.20/03/2010 15:23:29
8623 forum posts
779 photos
hello duane-try 'just engine's' ..... they should be able to help...in your quest for a silencer..

ken anderson...
duane wallace20/03/2010 15:41:14
54 forum posts
thanks ken have found them on there .
 just need to know  what prop now .

Martin Harris20/03/2010 15:50:11
9257 forum posts
245 photos
Contact Dave Wilshire at Motors and Rotors - Mick, the source of all ST knowledge has retired but might still be able to assist.

Edited By Martin Harris on 20/03/2010 15:51:51

Engine Doctor03/04/2010 12:12:10
2461 forum posts
39 photos
Hello Duane . All the large ST engines I have had havein the past  let me down at critical moments and  caused  the demise of the models, a  couple of them were very expensive . If you can afford it , go for a petrol engine . The cost of a proper silencer for your ST will be significant . Beware of the very small capacity silencers  that used to be sold for ST some years ago they only added to the unreliability of the engine  causing over haeting  . As I remember  the St 2000 wasn't a very powerful engine and was ,by todays stanards very heavy. I have just bought  a CRRC 26 version 2 with proper beam mounts .Cost around £120 .It would be a good replacement for the ST.this came complete with a muffler and ignition system . The added reliability and longevity of petrol engines makes a lot of sense .the other plus is that petrol engines use far less fuel and wont require such lage tanks as the glow equivalent. And fuel is only about £5 a gallon .I have just built a new DB Hurricane and fitted a DL 50 in it . The airframe needed the weight of the engine up front nd balances perfectly. Should have loads of power . Haven't flown it yet as waiting for better weather. Good luck with the hurricane .

E.D.
Bruce Richards03/04/2010 12:18:40
1849 forum posts
E.D. can you tell us where you got the CRRC 26cc from please?

duane wallace03/04/2010 13:22:30
54 forum posts
thanks ed .

Where did you get your petrol engine from ? have taken some pics of my hurricane and will download them .

duane  
Engine Doctor03/04/2010 21:51:35
2461 forum posts
39 photos
Hello . I bought the CRRC on e-bay from a hong kong seller but engine was stocked and sent from the UK and took three day for delivery.I have put the e-bay page in a pm to you both. Regards E.D.
duane wallace07/04/2010 08:38:12
54 forum posts

Here is some pictures of my hurricane , still got a lot of work to do , flaps only retract about 20% , needs total replum for fuel and undercarrage ,  Think am going to respray and before anyone comments winnie the pooh isn't going to fly it .

Duane
ken anderson.07/04/2010 08:42:49
8623 forum posts
779 photos
duane-it looks the buisness......your ground crew is short of one member...i'm going to kidnap 'iggle piggle'off the grandkid's and send him/it down to your GHQ..

ken anderson........ne 1
Engine Doctor07/04/2010 14:35:07
2461 forum posts
39 photos
Nice model Duane I have similar pics on our club forum . If interested have look at  www.medwaymfc.org.uk click on the forum  and then "models under construction

Any ideas what it weighs so far ? Mine came out at 21lb 8ozs with the 50cc . Thats dry but with all batts etc only work needed is the roundels and weathering  Is your hurri the built up wing version or foam wing ?
E.D

duane wallace07/04/2010 15:14:18
54 forum posts
Wing is built up , haven't toughed it yet as am finishing of a tigermoth artf . will weight anfd let you know .

Duane

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!