Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

The Parkzone Sukhoi thread

Chat about the two versions

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Sheehy29/10/2011 02:13:49
204 forum posts

I started off by setting the CG as recommended in forums and found it a handfull, even with bags of expo.
Then I found the sweet spot for CG by placing the battery well forward and gradually moving it back till I was happy with it.
Reno Racer29/10/2011 03:08:39
1138 forum posts
168 photos
I find that with the rear most part of the lipo lined up with the TE of the wing at the fuse is a sweet spot for CG and easy and quick to check when changing lipos.

Rarely fly mine indoors is too quick (SU26XP), so mostly used on calm days.
John Sheehy28/02/2012 18:12:19
204 forum posts

BRC sell them for £42.95 which is about the same price as the receiver block AR6400. I took the radio and motor out and fitted them into a Quickoats kit I got from Micronradiocontrol. Beautiful kit flies outdoors in a leasurly manner, unlike the sukhoi which I agree is exciting to fly.

Micronradiocontrol sells a selection of kits designed especially for the Sukhoi electrics but I'm building a rubber powered kit to take the works out of my second Sukhoi 26m. I also have aSukhoi 26xp which is just as twitchy.

I fitted a GWS 5043 prop and I get 160mAh 25-40C high power Lipo for $1.11 each from Hobbyking so I have 20 ($22.22).

Ade Eades (Eadsie)29/08/2013 18:35:19
108 forum posts
17 photos

I have a parkzone sukhoi 26m the original old type, its seen some action i can tell you lol.......all outside in most conditions not wet weather though.....it dances with the swallows very well, i have many hours of fun with it, It's totally stock, i use 1900maH batts and these drive it along very well,

I have read somewhere that you can change the stock Motor for a Blade (micro heli) MsrX or Msr Motor. these have a bit more poke apparently, As i have one lying around i may just have a go and transplant it into the sukhoi....i got nothing to loose as the plane is on borrowed time already lol. better check they have the same amount of teeth on the cog

Regards Ade.

Watch this space.....

John Sheehy29/08/2013 19:34:02
204 forum posts

I presume you tow that LiPo around on a trailor ( :

I use the electronics in small kits from www.micronradiocontrol.co.uk. They sell kits specially for the AR6400 receivers. Check out stevens aero kits. The motors also fit right in.

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us