Articles

The June 2010 issue preview

The June 2010 issue preview

in the shops 7/5

David Ashby - Moderator28/04/2010 08:55:51
10876 forum posts
1661 photos
604 articles
The new June issue should be out there soon so as always we welcome your thoughts and feedback 

The cover photo moto is - 'never just rely on glue, use a screw' 
as you may have noticed 

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 28/04/2010 09:00:22

martyn sharp28/04/2010 16:45:23
420 forum posts
10 photos

I might get it on the 6th so it will give me some to bury my head into instead  geting pounded by other events on that day

Martyn

Edited By martyn sharp on 28/04/2010 16:45:54

GrumpyGnome29/04/2010 07:36:54
495 forum posts
145 photos
Wonder if it'll arrive in time for the long weekend ............... my last few issues have arrived at about the same time as it's in the shops
James4030/04/2010 16:53:52
885 forum posts
3 photos
Oooh oooh, look what's on the cover

Must resist reading the digital copy, must resist.
BB04/05/2010 12:53:58
1182 forum posts
32 photos
Arrived just now - Screw !! tch, tch noted Mr DA 

BB
birdy04/05/2010 18:10:55
1423 forum posts
110 photos
Just arrived today. Couldn't help but get the feeling that one of the letters in All Write had been reused. The writer should get compensation you know....
Reno Racer04/05/2010 18:20:25
1135 forum posts
165 photos

Just keeps getting better, although seemingly more trade advert pages, although I guess that the price we pay (or rather the sponsor company advert people pay) to get a great mag.

Only downside is.... i never seem to win anything and I enter every competition 

Good to see some good quality and open reviews, particularly like the H9 P-51 and Denight; could you possibly offer more advice on engine choices, particularly dimensions required from firewall to prop hub - would save me seeing  a good model, then having to find the manual to download, only to find my engine is too darn too big

Bruce Richards04/05/2010 18:56:44
1849 forum posts
Birdy, was that your letter that gave me that deja vu  feeling.
birdy04/05/2010 20:11:19
1423 forum posts
110 photos
Perhaps, but perhaps not... Figured I'd give it a try after Mr Fiddling's thread! Didn't win anything though - either time. The only stuff I have ever got out of RCM&E are K&S nitro engine stuff - after writing how I was flying electric. Perhaps Ashers was trying to give me a hint! 

So far with the mag I have only read fly electric and Weekenders. FE was usual old stuff - and take this as constructive critism - mr Hawes only ever seems to do reveiws, talk about new products that I have often seen a while before the column, repeat the basic rules of electric flight and remonisce how Scotty from startrek used to say "you canna change the laws a physics!" every second episode. Yes, reading a couple of his columns taught me a good deal about Electric flight, but we have tutorials for that. Personally I would rather he had a little more innovation and a little more humour in his columns, and go beyond what you need to know into proper electricity and be more technical. Remember I said constructive critism - lots of people will disagree with me...
   I do however enjoy weekender a great deal despite that fact I know almost zilch about IC. Whittaker has a good sense of humour (although some dont like it) IMO, and covers many of the forgoten about issues that noone thinks to write about, and who doesn't enjoy a good anecdote? 

Anywho, deep breath, rant over...

I did enjoy the parting shot, although I think it would have benefited from a lower aperture...

birdy 
ken anderson.04/05/2010 20:31:52
8409 forum posts
772 photos
got mine today-nice to see the word's written about the nice man himself(boddo)...and also like the look of the latest free plan from peter m...the mag is worth the price just for that.............
     well done all......let's have a special issue dedicated in memory of david b(DB)

ken anderson ne 1 correspondent....... 
Chris Card04/05/2010 21:00:06
458 forum posts
41 photos
1 articles
Am I imagining it, or is the cover a thicker gauge of paper this month, and it seems to have a glossier finish to it too?
Slopetrashuk04/05/2010 21:39:03
1084 forum posts
25 photos
8 articles
AAAGHHH!!!!!!!
Ads in the middle of articles AGAIN!

I had to check I didn't have RCMW!

This can't be the American influence can it guys?

Andy
Stephen Grigg04/05/2010 23:17:02
8691 forum posts
1128 photos
Thoroughly enjoying mine,Ive gone through it the first time several other reads in store.Fell in love  with the Denight Special  when it first came out,then discovered E Bay now Ive to many projects on Lots of interesting articles to learn from,,and reviews to decide what the next model should be.Re advertising,I think a lot of the model shops adverts are to dated need to be more interesting and need less in them to become interesting.I ignore a lot of them,they should take a look at Galaxys advert,very good.I do understand that RCMand E are not responsible for how advertisers choose to design or "not "there adverts.
Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator04/05/2010 23:28:35
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
Funny how different readers like different things - now I actually like the ads that are choc full of lots of stuff - I can spend hours pouring over a decent cluttered ad me - sad I know...but there you go. But I agree, I don't like ads in the middle of articles, I like my ads on the "ads pages" at the front and back

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother on 04/05/2010 23:30:18

martyn sharp05/05/2010 10:06:49
420 forum posts
10 photos

Yes it is  a good magazine this month the free plan for the HARMONY reminds of the old Kiel Kraft Phantom Mite always wanted one but was to expensive at 21/6d

Might just have to build on but lecky of course

matyn
GrumpyGnome06/05/2010 07:02:39
495 forum posts
145 photos
Morning, mine arrived 4th so not too bad ..............

I actually agree with birdy re Nigel Hawes column, although I'm not quite sure how innovative he can be now - everything is now accessible and mostly reasonably priced, with success almost guaranteed.  I know a few years ago, I'd be flying my leccies and saying "I wish teh batteries lasted longer" or "I wish I could get a cheap motor that's more powerful than this Speed 400" or "I wish ESCs/chargers weren't so expensive ..." etc. etc.  I don't do that now.  My only current wish is that LiPos above the 'normal' 3S of 1800-2500 were a bit cheaper...................I doubt he can do anything about that.

I like Alex Whittakers sense of humour, although four articles (or was it 5...) from him seems a bit OTT.  Still, at last theer was nothing about the Bushwacker !

Nice to see a review (of the heli) that pointed out flaws.  It's almost good to see that some not so good stuff stiull hits the market - and gets aired as flawed !

Not so sure about 'the rant' in the Freestyle aeros column - bit too opinionated for my tastes.  But that's only an opinion ..........  

Despite not having flung anything off a hill for a good few year, and never aspiring to pay the prices for the planes that ted to appear, I really enjoy Andy Ellisons column.

Finally, yes, something more about Boddo would be nice.

GG

P.S. I don't find the ads too bad.  Certainly much better than the US mags !
winchweight06/05/2010 07:58:30
2516 forum posts
67 photos
No sign of mine yet....
David Ashby - Moderator06/05/2010 09:43:57
10876 forum posts
1661 photos
604 articles
Posted by Chris Card - Moderator on 04/05/2010 21:00:06:
Am I imagining it, or is the cover a thicker gauge of paper this month, and it seems to have a glossier finish to it too?

Think you're imagining it Chris, no changes as far as we're aware unless the printers did something without telling us. . 

David Ashby - Moderator06/05/2010 09:47:05
10876 forum posts
1661 photos
604 articles
Posted by Slopetrashuk on 04/05/2010 21:39:03:
AAAGHHH!!!!!!!
Ads in the middle of articles AGAIN!

I had to check I didn't have RCMW!

This can't be the American influence can it guys?

Andy

They've got to go somewhere Andy and we do it this way as we think the magazine looks better than if adverts are just lumped on two facing pages together. We always design the mag around both editorial and adverts.  

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 06/05/2010 09:48:30

Slopetrashuk06/05/2010 11:06:16
1084 forum posts
25 photos
8 articles
Is their positioning considered or did irony place an add for model fuel in the middle of the glider column?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Motion RC
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us