Forum sponsored by CML

AIRTEK HOBBIES Products

Are the any good?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tony H29/11/2010 15:18:04
846 forum posts
242 photos
Just a quick question. I was wondering if anyone has used any of the relatively cheap ESC's, Servos, LIPO's and Brushless Outrunner Motors from AIRTEK HOBBIES. If you have how are they?
andy watson29/11/2010 15:25:13
1942 forum posts
20 photos
Not used any of their branded products, but the service is second to none.

I bought a charger from them, and for some reason it went pop when I plugged it in (it was a good quality brand- just happened to be a friday afternoon one).  I phoned them up and they sent out a replacement BEFORE I sent the broken one back, just to make sure I didn't lose the weekends flying.

On that basis I would have no hesitation in using them and their own name products.
Vinno29/11/2010 15:37:05
90 forum posts
41 photos
Have used them a few times now , and every time they have been great , very quick dispatch and delivery, wouldnt hesitate to recommend or use again.
Terry Walters29/11/2010 15:39:49
1831 forum posts
1068 photos
I would echo what Andy says - very pleased with all stuff purchased and also the advice I have rec'd from Pete (even when he was poorly at home on a Sunday!)  What more can I say!.  Postage rates also very good especially for overseas - too many suppliers charge far too much p&p.

One of my first choices - only go elsewhere if they don't stock it.

Pity all retailers aren't as obliging and there are many who need to improve their courier services to the level of Airtek (and other places like Gliders UK).
Romeo Whisky29/11/2010 15:41:44
701 forum posts
188 photos
Same experience here - top-notch service, both for online and phoned orders.

And, very importantly to me, the delivery charges were exactly as per the cost (ie. not inflated as some others do).

Very impressed.
Tony H29/11/2010 18:13:15
846 forum posts
242 photos
Thanks guys, I witnessed the delivery which is second to none. But my question really is how good are their own brand products?
Barrie Dav 230/11/2010 13:20:25
1012 forum posts
14 photos
Airtek - thumbs up.....

Re postal charges.  One well known supplier of electric motors etc (not GC) charged me £18 to send a small package to France.  When received, the postage read £8. Emailed as to why.  No response.  No more purchases there then.
Michael Adams 318/02/2017 17:03:34
114 forum posts
2 photos

I have had quite a few products with no problems. Highly recommended. You should have no probs.

Frank Skilbeck18/02/2017 17:25:33
4430 forum posts
101 photos

I haven't used their motors (yet), but have used the Beatles ESCs and some of their servos, all have been fine and at the moment the Beatles ESCs are my go to ESC. Service from Airtek is top notch too.

Chris-J18/02/2017 17:28:52
52 forum posts
7 photos

Yep I agree with all of the above comments ...... excellent service ......... I should imagine that their products follow suit.

Geoff Jackson18/02/2017 19:00:21
160 forum posts
3 photos

Superb, delivery, service and products. Also worth a visit for anatter and browse. Lovely part of the country, near to Last of the Summer Wine town!

Jon Laughton18/02/2017 20:49:38
1173 forum posts
104 photos

Bought their metal gear servos and had no problem

Percy Verance18/02/2017 21:10:02
8109 forum posts
155 photos

I've uses Airtek Hobbies quite a few times in the last year or two. Good service and no problems at all. Their own K Power servos seem good value for money. I have a couple of their Apex electric motors here too, and although they seem good quality I haven't used them yet so can't comment on how they are. I'm confident they wouldn't chance their reputation though, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Kevin 21619/02/2017 07:55:10
200 forum posts

Used them a few times and I can concur the service is good. Have one Apex motor fitted into an off the plan built model. I used their data sheet to determine which motor was suitable for it, and so far it has performed well. I would definitely purchase another. On the negative side they don't appear to holding much stock - the mid range 9 to 12.5 gram k power micro servos have been out of stock for over a month.

Mel Jones19/02/2017 08:06:42
57 forum posts

I have used Apex motors supplied by Airtek, I find them to be of excellent quality and good value for money, also I have brought the cheap servo`s from them in the past and have not had any fail.

Percy Verance19/02/2017 08:42:56
8109 forum posts
155 photos

That's good to hear Mel. Seems all good then? I'm always wary of cheap servos, but Airtek's K Power range seem genuinely good value for money.

As Kevin mentioned, some items have been out of stock for a while. I imagine it can't be easy to keep everything in stock all the time though.......  It's stating the obvious I know, but popular items soon sell out with the result that you have none left in stock!  

I recently got my hands on an E Flite Timber. Nothing remarkable about that you may think, apart from the fact I ordered it from my LMS on November 23rd last year. I knew it was a popular model and supply was short, but that's the longest I think I've ever waited for any modelling product.

Edited By Percy Verance on 19/02/2017 08:48:34

lightning 75919/02/2017 08:52:03
148 forum posts
10 photos

used their servos had no problems , intend using them for my next speed controllers soon

andy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us