Forum sponsored by CML

The Pitts Cafe

Hi - Come in, take a seat!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ken anderson.31/05/2018 16:25:26
8094 forum posts
729 photos

regards to you and your family also phil....when I first joined the forum I used to enjoy your regular postings...hope all go's well for the future....

ken anderson...ne..1.... 3 cheers for Phil dept.

Phil Claridge06/06/2018 13:22:52
1921 forum posts
32 photos

well dave came back for another loaD YESTERDAY, hefilled his transit again and has got to make another trip to get the restsad. but now i can walk to all four corners of the loft for the first time in 15 years, thought i would be sad to see them all go but seeing how hard dave has had to work for his money i,m glad i didnt try to do it myselfwink.joke will be if the stroke syptoms go away which i am told may happen,i will have to start againsmiley. i will still go to the patch with my brother some times and have a fly with one of his planes, no cost no work he heyes bye for now phil

john stones 106/06/2018 13:51:10
9816 forum posts
1462 photos

Take care Phil. yes

cymaz17/06/2018 22:51:09
7770 forum posts
1015 photos

Next year is 50 years of Apollo 11 , July 20

Jeff Mills06/09/2018 14:41:11
51 forum posts
5 photos

This Sunday On Channel 4

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/battle-of-britain-model-squadron

cymaz13/09/2018 21:02:52
7770 forum posts
1015 photos

Just watched “The marvellous world of Roald Dahl” on BBC 4. What an interesting and varied life he had....writer, fighter pilot, spy, medical inventor to name but a few of his talents. Oh, and not a bad story teller as well!

cymaz14/09/2018 17:05:10
7770 forum posts
1015 photos

CURTAIN RODS

On the first day after his divorce, he sadly packed his belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases.

On the second day, he had the movers come and collect his things.

On the third day, he sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining-room table, by candle-light; he put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, a bottle of spring-water, 3 cans of sardines.

When he'd finished, he went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimps dipped in caviar, and some sardines into the hollow center of the curtain rods.

He then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

On the fourth day, the wife came back with her new boyfriend, and at first all was bliss.

Then, slowly, the house began to smell.

They tried everything; cleaning, mopping, and airing-out the place. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam cleaned.

Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which time the two had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting. Nothing worked!...People stopped coming over to visit.

Repairmen refused to work in the house...The maid quit.

Finally, they couldn't take the stench any longer, and decided they had to move, but a month later - even though they'd cut their price in half - they couldn't find a buyer for such a stinky house.

Word got out, and eventually even the local realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally, unable to wait any longer for a purchaser, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

Then the ex called the woman and asked how things were going. She told him the saga of the rotting house. He listened politely and said that he missed his old home terribly and would be willing to reduce his divorce settlement in exchange for having the house.

Knowing he could have no idea how bad the smell really was, she agreed on a price that was only 1/10 nth of what the house had been worth ... but only if he would sign the papers that very day.

He agreed, and within two hours her lawyers delivered the completed paperwork.

A week later the woman and her boyfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home and to spite the ex-husband... they even took the curtain rods!

I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING, DON'T YOU?

Virus-free. www.avg.com

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2018
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Expo Tools 14 July
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us