Forum sponsored by CML

NASA Humour

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Simon Chaddock05/01/2011 15:20:14
5443 forum posts
2855 photos
I could not resist this.
One of the Space Shuttle mounting points on the top of their 747!
Klippy05/01/2011 15:55:27
753 forum posts
13 photos
Nice one Simon, all the manuals for the yank machines I maintained used to have 'intentionally blank' printed on the unused pages, often made me think!
Josip Vrandecic -Mes05/01/2011 15:57:20
2993 forum posts
260 photos
Dear Simon ...lol....neither do I ,No one is immune from stupidity ....Nasa inscription could among graffiti .Jo
Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator05/01/2011 16:23:07
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
You seriously wonder sometimes don't you! I mean you'd assume the guy actually latching the shuttle in place might notice if it was upside down! Perhaps not....

BEB
Plummet05/01/2011 19:07:34
1394 forum posts
41 photos
You really are being unnecessarily rude about the Americans.  They do have a sense of humour.  Just think of some of the ex-presidents they chose.

Plummet
Spice Cat05/01/2011 22:11:30
1304 forum posts
129 photos
Speaking of NASA. Not quite sure how true this is.
When building the Eurostar trains, the designers asked NASA if they could borrow the "gun" they used to fire birds at the Space Shuttles windscreen to test impact resistance.
The first test was duly set up and when the a chicken was fired directly at the front of the train, the engineers were horrified to find not only was the windscreen shattered but a fair chunk was torn off the drivers chair and what was left of the chicken was embedded in the rear drivers cabin wall.
They sent the test data to NASA asking for help. The reply was a simple one line;
"Defrost the chicken first."

In a way it would be a bit of payback for when the US Military Intelligence were trying to find out the main armament calibre of the latest Soviet Tank. They spent some months and millions trying to obtain this information. Having failed miserably, they turned to the British for help. We sold them a copy of a Janes Defence publication for £16.95 that not only had the calibre but information right down to the drivers required inside leg measurement.

Kozmyk06/01/2011 09:07:33
151 forum posts
4 photos

Also as I recall the MythBusters guys were surprised to observe that frozen or thawed the damage was much the same to the windscreen of the light aircraft target they used.

Re American humour. When we went to unpack a Mackie mixing desk we noticed that all the packaging/handling symbols on the box had been given funny alternative meanings. 
I wish I had a pic, they were a good laugh.
On the mixer itself the extra large solo indicator had the legend "Rude Solo Light" .
Why "rude" ? Cos' it's a flasher ...

Ross Clarkson08/01/2011 14:01:24
1438 forum posts
106 photos
Ha Ha, love it.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us