Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

PSSA Gliding Events 2018

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Garsden09/08/2018 17:26:04
1337 forum posts
923 photos

No takers for my story above - not really on point and not edited by the moderators - result.

Martin my mate has noticed that we made the North Wales Pioneer, and sent the story round my rugby chums who commented I was in fancy dress? Something to do with my "pink" shorts. I pointed out, of course, they were peach melba.

Anyway here is the link to the online story **LINK**

Chris Barlow09/08/2018 19:32:14
1748 forum posts
1192 photos
Posted by Peter Garsden on 09/08/2018 17:26:04:

No takers for my story above - not really on point and not edited by the moderators - result.

yes

Sorry Pete, my wife says I'm not allowed to comment on that particular post! laugh

Alan Gorham_09/08/2018 19:51:14
506 forum posts
46 photos

I'm not sure how an inflatable sheep relates to PSS? unless you use it for Pneumatic Sheep Soaring (badum-tish etc).

Anybody got any gen on the Hawker Fury prototype and Hawker Iraqi Fury next to it in the picture from the newspaper article? They look tasty smile p

Phil Cooke10/08/2018 07:14:11
2110 forum posts
1470 photos

Alan - the models are by Gordon Studley and Martin Gay, a few details and photos on the PSSA Gallery pages - I placed them in the Sea Fury collection as they are so closely related...(I thought the Iraqi one WAS a Sea Fury?!)

**LINK**

Alan Gorham_10/08/2018 09:49:24
506 forum posts
46 photos

Thanks for that Phil.

I suppose technically the Iraqi one is a de-navalised Sea Fury in that they were bought back from the FAA, de-navalised and refurbed before being sold to Iraq. So, they were built as Se Furies but I've mostly seen then referrred to as Iraqi or Baghdadi Furies.

/* pedant mode off */

Two smashing models anyway!

Martin Gay10/08/2018 13:36:12
36 forum posts
8 photos

Alan,

Both models were built by Gordon Studley and modified from the original plan with the addition of flaps which gives the option of CROW braking during landing.

The prototype Sea Fury has not yet flown, hopefully during the September meet!

The Iraqi Sea Fury has flown, and it does it very well. It has a huge speed range and tracks through the turns as if it is on rails.

Martin.

Alan Gorham_10/08/2018 14:25:29
506 forum posts
46 photos

Thanks Martin, that's of interest.

I'll keep an eye out for them in September.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools 14 July
Gliders Distribution
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues