Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

PSSA Gliding Events 2019

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Garsden03/07/2019 18:36:16
1504 forum posts
1063 photos

Great photos Andy, memorable weekend though I missed most of it obviously as I was asleep - nice place to be when you're tired.

Phil Cooke06/07/2019 22:52:48
2236 forum posts
1525 photos

A collection of photos from our most recent flying event with the Lleyn MAC 29th/30th June is now available to view here;

**LINK**

Some great flying chaps, I'm still grinning one week on! (and itching my sunburn!) smile d beerthumbs up

Phil Cooke07/07/2019 21:20:07
2236 forum posts
1525 photos

The Lleyn MAC event write up has now been added to the PSSA Website and can be viewed here;

**LINK**

many thanks to Andy Meade for the report wording thumbs up

KiwiKid08/07/2019 15:33:19
464 forum posts
457 photos

Great pics and write up guys - really enjoyed them.

Martin Gay24/07/2019 09:11:24
112 forum posts
50 photos

The F86 Sabre (2020 Mass Build prototype) will be at the Great Orme for the next PSSA meeting.

I will also have a buddy box system set up for mode 2 as well as mode 1 for anyone that wants to have a fly of the model - weather permitting of course.

sabre_logo.jpg

Photo taken by Phil Cooke

Phil Cooke30/07/2019 23:52:24
2236 forum posts
1525 photos

All,

As I'm sure those planning on travelling to the Orme this weekend for our PSSA event are already acutely aware, the forecast for this weekend is pretty awful for our sport, with low speed winds varying grossly in direction and rain currently forecast for Llandudno both days 3-4th August.

No final decision will be taken until Thursday afternoon/evening but reluctantly I have to explain that unless the forecast improves for either Saturday or Sunday then I will have to consider an event cancellation, something we very rarely have to do.

As always this will be a last resort, rest assured I will be watching the forecast closely all week for change but I have to consider those who are primed to travel huge distances to fly with us on the Orme. If there is even a small chance of success the event will continue to run, but I will need a positive change in the forecast to get me to that position between now and Thursday.

I hope you understand my predicament and logic - see the current forecast below from XC Weather!

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A FINAL DECISION - I will continue to watch the weather forecast and will make a final call Thursday afternoon, I will then post again here and on Facebook Thursday night with a GO/NO GO decision. This should then still allow those with hotels booked etc to make the necessary cancellations without charge.

Fingers Crossed for an improved forecast, I do HATE cancelling events as you all know...

llandudno forecast 3-4 aug 19.jpg

Andy Meade31/07/2019 06:26:54
2580 forum posts
672 photos

A shame, but understandable

Phil Cooke01/08/2019 16:34:50
2236 forum posts
1525 photos

All,

We've reached decision time on this weekends planned PSSA meet on the Orme, I'm afraid the forecast really is no better and I'm in agreement with a few other members that this weekends formal meet will reluctantly be CANCELLED.

See latest forecast from XC below, although the windspeed has improved Saturday it is dominated by the unflyable SE direction and there is also some significant rain. Sunday the winds are still light, variable in direction and again heavy rain is forecast.

Llandudno forecast 3-4 aug 19.jpg

As you know it is very rare we actually cancel an event, but in this instance I see no other realistic option. Apologies to all, roll on September - our next formal PSS meet is on the Orme again September 7th/8th. See you then!

Martin Gay01/08/2019 19:18:52
112 forum posts
50 photos

The weather is what it is!

Those of you who were expecting to pick up your Sabre kits this weekend will now be receiving them at the September meeting.

If that is not acceptable please contact me and we will sort something out.

Mark Kettle 101/08/2019 21:30:03
2292 forum posts
1337 photos

No worries Phil, good call. I'm going that way tomorrow anyway for a holiday. I'll have to put on my list a visit to Blackpool's airshow the weekend after, and use my new camcorder hood there.

Blackpool airshow line-up preview

Airshow dates - August 10th - 11th Saturday and Sunday

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us