Walbro Carb Needed??

query over carb size

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
cymaz11/02/2011 17:59:09
9466 forum posts
1246 photos

Hi All
Just been given a flat twin 4 stroke 30cc engine with a double throw crank. Just doesn't come with a carb. What size might fit and would a walbro do

Many thanks in anticipation
Ultymate11/02/2011 18:05:35
1703 forum posts
62 photos
Peter there are literally hundreds of Walbro carbs your best bet would be contact THIS guy and be prepared to quote the type and measurements of the inlet manifold assuming your engine has one
Engine Doctor12/02/2011 09:52:22
2675 forum posts
44 photos
Hello Peter . You could also give Falcon Aviation a call . They have loads of Walbro carbs for sale and deal with model engines so might be able to sort one for you.
www.falcon-aviation.com/
stu knowles12/02/2011 10:10:48
619 forum posts
53 photos
A word of caution. My experience is limited to a Zenoah 38 which had lost its carb.
I tried several, probably 5 or 6 walbro carbs which all look much the same, at least two were new and sold by 'aftermarket sellers' who assured that 'one size fits all'

None worked properly.

On the point of junking the engine as scrap, I was loaned another z 38 with original carb. I swapped that one over and the engine ran, and still runs beautifully (after spending something like £70 on a spare carb from Toni Clarke) . Money well spent. All before - wasted.

As I say, its a limited experience but it showed me that Walbro carbs, an other makes look the same , but are not. It may be worth spending some time tracking down what the original carb was, then finding one of those. There is a lot of info out there which lists dozens of different carbs.

Good Luck

stu k
cymaz12/02/2011 18:55:39
9466 forum posts
1246 photos

Will give rowena a call and Falcon, thanks to all concerned. The make of the engine is unknown I suspect it was one you make as a unfinished kit - if there is such a thing- so a little more research is needed.
Thanks again.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Subscribe now
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!