Build log in photos

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Bott - Moderator09/05/2011 10:02:52
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
Thanks Pete

I bet you don't notice because you build your models straight and don't need a shed load of trim?
Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models)14/05/2011 13:39:49
217 forum posts
50 photos
The pics look super. I hope you get the V webBit tail sorted as it really does look good.

The lightening holes look amazing on the finished model . That should be something that could be done at the kitting stage. Did you find any weakness in any of the areas you put holes? I cant see why you would? just wondered if you did?

Steve
Chris Bott - Moderator14/05/2011 15:32:48
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
Thanks Steve. I'm slowly getting it there, but there has just been no testing weather.

If I started again with the V tail I'd try it bigger and possibly with a steeper angle to get some of it out of the air shadow of the wing.

I did find some weakness due to the holes, this was because I used balsa sides and put too many too large holes at the rear of the fus. But that was the only place, everywhere else is fine.
Andy Muckley18/05/2011 22:58:45
365 forum posts
13 photos
Hi chris how do you wire up the undercarage ? i saw it somewhere but cant find the thread now
Chris Bott - Moderator18/05/2011 23:07:00
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
Hi Andy

My undercarriage pictures are on this page 4 of this thread not far down from the top.
Andy Muckley19/05/2011 16:07:26
365 forum posts
13 photos
Thanks chris, thats me done then now undercarrage is sorted only the test flight to go and hope all is ok , see you at the fun fly
Danny Fenton19/05/2011 17:20:28
9311 forum posts
4125 photos
Well done Andy, and good luck with the maiden

Cheers
Danny
Chris Bott - Moderator19/05/2011 19:25:39
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
That's great Andy, best of luck.

Do you have any photos?
Andy Muckley19/05/2011 20:04:49
365 forum posts
13 photos
Cheers Danny and Chris / Yes i have photos but dont know how to post them sorry
Chris Bott - Moderator19/05/2011 20:26:07
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
Hi Andy, don't worry.

Photo's on here aren't that straightforward.

First of all, If you have a photo on your computer - try going into your "My Photos" which you can find top left alongside your name.

In there, create a new album and then add the photos.

Then come back here and tell us

Chris Bott - Moderator30/05/2011 20:27:17
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
It's been so long that I had pretty much forgotten all the little changes I'd made and needed to test. This evening I got out for an hour and am pleased to report the Veebit is pretty much sorted.
Whatever I did, such as Vtail differential, must have helped as its flying much more predictably now.
Tonight I also added a couple of coffee stirrers under the wing trailing edge. It needed a re trim but this seemed to reduce the ballooning nose up under full power. I may still go further with this one.

I think she'll go into moth balls now until the funfly. That way she shouldn't get broken. Well not beforehand anyway .
Chris Bott - Moderator10/06/2011 21:27:30
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
Still making small additions here.

I'm not sure the latest will even show up in the strong sunshine that we are going to have at the Fly In. But with the translucent film, it just had to be tried.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator10/06/2011 23:05:07
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
Wow! Snazzy!

BEB
Chris Bott - Moderator20/06/2011 09:13:56
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
I flew mine last night with the C/G a good 12mm behind the spar. It sat a bit tail down and needed lots of rudder to pick up the tail when baked for turns, but at no point did it feel dangerous or difficult to fly.

The reason, was use of a new lighter battery. I will make up the weight and get the C/G back to the spar though. Apart from that all ready for the Fly In. Will keep it safe until then.
Chris Bott - Moderator20/06/2011 22:45:26
6707 forum posts
1392 photos
1 articles
Today, I thought I'd try my 4S A123 pack in the Webbit. Same voltage but much heavier than a 3S LiPo. With the repairs and adding the lights, weight has kept creeping up, but I was still surprised that this battery took it to 2lb10oz!

At 2lb10 and with the C/G on the very front edge of the spar it's a different animal. Still hangs it's tail in turns a bit, more in LH than RH turns. But I've had to remove the wing packing, so the incidences are standard again. Flies a fair bit faster, it's not floaty any more, but is MUCH more predictable.

Half flaps give me more lift, full flaps lots of drag, just like I wanted.

Oddly the roll rate is much higher. I guess my ailerons are outside the prop wash, so that just shows how much faster its flying.

Happy to use full power now too, gets quite a speed on in level passes.

Much happier Webbiteer.
Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models)21/06/2011 15:04:52
217 forum posts
50 photos
Very snazzy. Glad you've got it sorted. It does look rather cool with a V Tail. I havent been around much sorry! I do get to see copy posts sent to my phone, but I havent worked out how to reply on my phone!

I've had a few weeks of poorly stuff and so most of my times been away from a PC.

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us