Connectors

What To Do

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Taff15/05/2011 15:41:44
45 forum posts
9 photos

Hi All

Once again I need advice for you more experienced Modelers please..I have fitted EC 3 connectors on all my models but my Sebart Shark for which I have just purchased 3 new 2650 mAh batteries fitted with 4mm Bullet Discharge Plug: Connector(10g)wire,My ESC is a Hacker 40amp pro.but its fitted with 3mm bullett connectors,wondering best way to connect up ie is it best to fit small wires of ESC to 4mm bullets or is there another safe way that I could bring the 4mm bullets down to 3mm,Idealy I would like to fit EC 3 s all round but cant fit them to 10g wire,Best solution please.....Many thanks in advance Taff

birdy15/05/2011 15:44:03
1423 forum posts
110 photos
Whats stopping you from chopping off the 4mm and soldering 3mm bullets on? Or have I misread your post.

Tim Mackey15/05/2011 15:53:04
20919 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
I'd put 4mm bullets on the esc input leads
Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator15/05/2011 16:05:13
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
I'm no electrics expert but the three electric models I have are all fitted out entirely with 4mm bullets - it just seemed a sensible size (capacity to spare for what I do). I just change any batterries I buy as soon as I get them.

BEB
David Ashby - Moderator15/05/2011 20:19:28
10923 forum posts
1680 photos
611 articles
Yep, as folks allude, several choices Taff
Probably all comes down as to whether you want the fleet standard on EC3 and if the batteries are going to be used with other models. What ever you do there's a lot to be said for having everything the same across your models and accessories.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us