Articles

The July 2011 issue preview

The July 2011 issue preview

in the shops 4th June

David Ashby - Moderator29/05/2011 10:23:18
10936 forum posts
1681 photos
612 articles
Phil, the offers change at the 'on sale' date so the Tx case will appear 4th June.

Phil 929/05/2011 11:19:08
4287 forum posts
239 photos
thanks David will wait untill then
Shane Sunday29/05/2011 11:38:54
342 forum posts
160 photos
The photo on the front is beautiful but I can't wait to read the what goes up column. I was a little miffed to see there is another review of a B type mustang but sure I'll save judgement till after I've read it. I mean really you can't have too many mustangs. Although an F4U Corsair review wouldn't go amiss.

Didn't get my free gift when I subscribed back in Nov so a transmitter case would be cool. I think it's only for new subscribers right? Either way not holding my breath there.

Waiting with baited breath for July issue.
Derek Stevenson29/05/2011 20:31:00
280 forum posts
4 photos
Thanks for the quick reply, its renewal time again!

aerts michel30/05/2011 08:39:20
77 forum posts
41 photos
Hello, I am really curious to read the seagull turbo raven review as I crashed mine on first flight. I think the problem is Cg location mentionned wich seems to me far too much on the back at 145 mm from leading edge.
Dave Lawson 102/06/2011 14:22:15
20 forum posts
Just opened the RF-4 plan to see that it has page1 of 2 printed on both sides, ie: no wing ??
Also no F2 section would that be on the missing page ??

Dave
David McEwan02/06/2011 15:08:06
32 forum posts
68 photos
HI

I have just got my latest issue and i too love the moody front cover, i have just looked at the plans supplied with the issue and have found the same as Dave no wing section i have looked and can not see if this is to come out in the next issue or not ?

Can you shed any light on this ?

David
Slopetrashuk03/06/2011 07:04:14
1083 forum posts
25 photos
8 articles
So - Having set a new record in F5D and told the mag about it and sent in a nice piccy, you might have though that the actual time would be included no? Anybody know what it is?

Oh and I see you wimped out and put a leccy motor in the Turbo Raven David. I'll agree that this particular Seagull kit is built to a very high standard but that is not the case for some models in the range. Also why go to the trouble of producing a scale model and then not finish it off in the sale colour scheme? The real turboraven had a black logo and 'oracle' emblazoned across the underside of the wing. Its like that Seagull Yak i'm currently building. Scale colour scheme, rivets and panel lines but only two wheels!

Here's the moment the Turbo Raven met its end. Hope yours doesn't do this Dave:

Andy

David Ashby - Moderator03/06/2011 07:37:40
10936 forum posts
1681 photos
612 articles
LOL, wimped out! Can you imagine the sound of a gastly four-stroke! We've just taken some video of it actually and as you'll see, the sound is just right.

There are some tail dragger Yak 52s around but, I agree, a trike would have been better.

Ian Blakey03/06/2011 07:46:23
1 forum posts
Is there a problem with the RF4 plan in the July issue - I seem to have two copies of the fuselage and no wings - anyone got the reverse problem and would like to swap!
David Ashby - Moderator03/06/2011 08:15:55
10936 forum posts
1681 photos
612 articles
Ian, yes, please see here.

Andy, I nearly forgot, your boy's going to be flying your jet while you're at work after what you said about him

Alex Whittaker03/06/2011 10:24:09
55 forum posts
1 photos
7 articles
Don't know if I'm allowed any feedback, but I must say that Andy's cover photograph is stunningly good. However, for my money the shot of his lad on page 66 is an even more satisfying image, although I accept perhaps not quite as suitable as a cover shot. The key point is that when a magazine has image quality like this in depth to spare, you have to feel sorry for the others.
Alex

PS
Andy remains a Mank.
Slopetrashuk03/06/2011 10:44:01
1083 forum posts
25 photos
8 articles
Kind words indeed Alex.
If only you weren't a scouser I might be tempted to say thank you. However - As my dear old dad (the Mank) would most likely extrapolate any references to his first born son from whatever last Will and testament he may be planning to leave if he even knew I was giving you the time to reply on a forum, I will refrain from praise and restrict myself to thumping you only once next time we meet.

Andy

Lee Smalley03/06/2011 13:19:21
2125 forum posts
68 photos
2 articles
I agree with you on the colour scheme Andy but i also have to side with david on the electric thingy, despite the fact David has prob forgot which way round to flick an ic engine, he is right, electric in it would sound as good if not better in the raven, David is also right ( god it sounds as though i actually like him) about the power requirements, i have a sixty in mine and it does not exactly go like the preverbial !

...wait for it..... wait for it ..... cue Andy!!!
David Ashby - Moderator03/06/2011 14:46:36
10936 forum posts
1681 photos
612 articles
Posted by Lee Smalley on 03/06/2011 13:19:21:
I agree with you on the colour scheme Andy but i also have to side with david on the electric thingy, despite the fact David has prob forgot which way round to flick an ic engine, he is right, electric in it would sound as good if not better in the raven, David is also right ( god it sounds as though i actually like him) about the power requirements, i have a sixty in mine and it does not exactly go like the preverbial !

...wait for it..... wait for it ..... cue Andy!!!

Cheers Lee, I think......

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 03/06/2011 15:22:00

Phil 903/06/2011 15:01:05
4287 forum posts
239 photos
Posted by aerts michel on 30/05/2011 08:39:20:
Hello, I am really curious to read the seagull turbo raven review as I crashed mine on first flight. I think the problem is Cg location mentionned wich seems to me far too much on the back at 145 mm from leading edge.

As with all reviews it says its a fantasic model

David Ashby - Moderator03/06/2011 15:22:55
10936 forum posts
1681 photos
612 articles
Not all reviews Phil, you've got to start reading them, seriously though, let's try and keep it a bit more informed please.

Sorry to learn of your problems though Aerts - as I pointed out in the review, the CG isn't right and needs to come forward, that done it's a fine flying model. At the stated position the model does have a strong risk of catching out the pilot.  Can you describe the circumstances in a bit more depth?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 03/06/2011 15:40:17

David Ashby - Moderator03/06/2011 17:29:12
10936 forum posts
1681 photos
612 articles
I'll pop a home page piece to confirm this but just to clarify re the RF-4 plan......

1. The full plan will be reproduced next month alongside the August plan.

2. Those who buy the magazine singly or require the plan sooner can get a copy of the plan sent to them by emailling customer services at

customer.services@myhobbystore.com

or by calling 0844 848 8822.

Please quote your name and address in emails.

Thanks and needless to say we're desparately sorry this has occurred.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 03/06/2011 17:29:50

aerts michel04/06/2011 07:52:25
77 forum posts
41 photos
Hi, to answer the question aboutr CG and flying. After take off at mentionned CG (145 mm) the plane flew with low tail and was really sensitive to ailerons. I tried to bring at back , but it was so unctrollable that I had to land in a field . As a result the entire front of the fuze was broken in many parts...untill the wing place.

Anyways it took about 10-12 hours to rebuilt and have done 2 flights now with the CG at 105 mm : it is 40 mm difference !!!!!! so centered at 1/3 of the wing. And now it flys straight and safe. So ok it is a good flyer but if you follow instructions you will surely brake it. Do you think it is normal for a manufacturer to make this kind of mistakes? Is ther anything most important than CG.? We are not talking of a minor mistake.

I contacted seagulls as well as perkins to mention this problem as I think it must be corrected in the next batchs of production... I didn't get any answers form them.

After repair with electric setup and lipos 6S3500 it weights 3.800 grams. This is another point it seems to differ from instructions quoting 2.800 -3.200 grams. I havent't added the wheelpants wich weight a lot too.

So finally yes I do like this plane,... but I am sure many people will crash it because unfortunatly not everybody will read your review. And I am not alone to experience this if you read the seagull turbo raven review in the review columns.

Phil 904/06/2011 08:41:27
4287 forum posts
239 photos
Posted by aerts michel on 04/06/2011 07:52:25:

I contacted seagulls as well as perkins to mention this problem as I think it must be corrected in the next batchs of production... I didn't get any answers form them.

Its not good you have not got an answer. I agree with you this is not a minor issue with the instructions. The CG is fundamental to the use of this product and if following the instructions courses damage then I believe seagull should replace any damaged parts at least and recall any unsold product (untill the error is corrected). An uncontrollable model can be very dangerous

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us