November 2011 Issue

Thoughts and feedback

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Stephen Grigg21/10/2011 14:15:37
8691 forum posts
1128 photos
Mine arrived Yesterday and it was a very good read I particularly enjoyed the First Low Winger comparison having owned both the BH Renegade and the Seagull Harmon Rocket.So far it would be hard for me to find a model that has given me so much enjoyment to fly than the Rocket,it lasted me very well and it was only down to an idiot shouting at me whilst flying that caused me to lose concentration and crash into the top of a tree.Then there was the Article of Lee Smalley"s on the Zlin 50 by far my favorite and most admired model/I enjoyed his review and agreed with everything he said and lovr the model .Ihave flown mine and love flying it and only have problems taking off as I have problems with rudder control but it is a fantastic model and I was saddened that Lee lost his to battery failure.A thoroughly enjoyable read but there was a problem.For some reason mine is the American Edition,maybe itll make money on E bay!!!!
Capt Kremen22/10/2011 19:54:00
281 forum posts
78 photos
Why the sealed poly -bag(?)
If I can't view and examine the quality and contents of what I buy, whether it's spuds down the market or magazines then I don't.
Another issue that stayed on Smiths shelf for me ...
Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator22/10/2011 20:20:00
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
I think it was just to keep all the various "enclosures" with the mag CK.

BEB
Seamus O'Leprosy22/10/2011 20:38:06
842 forum posts
115 photos
It got a century catalog in it.
Vecchio Austriaco22/10/2011 21:06:55
1498 forum posts
707 photos
Noramlly I am one of the first to have it - this month it takes ages. May be because I am waiting for the second half of the Cygnet plan....
Murphys law...

VA
Doug Ireland22/10/2011 21:51:37
2088 forum posts
42 photos
Looks like my thread got axed. Fair enough.
leccyflyer22/10/2011 22:20:55
1224 forum posts
297 photos
Enjoyed the read. I particularly enjoyed Alex W's little bit about triage for damaged airframes and rebooting his shed after the summer. Not my usual cup of tea but that was very well written.

The triple review of low wingers was a nice idea too, especially since I have yet to fly my e-conversion of the Harmon Rocket, that I've heard so much about, but never seen one in the air..
Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator22/10/2011 22:27:55
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
Posted by Doug Ireland on 22/10/2011 21:51:37:
Looks like my thread got axed. Fair enough.
Hi Doug,

no it didn't! TBH we are not sure what happened!

Last night I noticed that Stephen had started this thread. Thinking that we now had two threads on the Nov edition of the mag - I decided to move Stephen's post to the existing thread - the one you started. But I couldn't find it!

So I contacted Tim and David to see if they knew anything about that. But neither of them have done it. So we're all equally mystified.

Somehow - we've lost a thread. I've never known this happen before - David is checking with the Tech guys to see if they can find out what happened.

I can only say we're really sorry about that Doug. As I say I never known it happen before.

BEB
Seamus O'Leprosy22/10/2011 22:41:24
842 forum posts
115 photos
Thank God I thought I was loosing it, I wondered where the other thread went.
Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator22/10/2011 22:54:45
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
You're not alone Seamus! Last night I was searching everywhere thinking "There was a thread - I'm sure there was a thread. I didn't imagine it..."!

BEB
Tim Mackey22/10/2011 22:57:43
20919 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Its getting close to that stupid stupid Americanism that is Halloween - maybe thats the reason
ken anderson.22/10/2011 23:10:12
8415 forum posts
772 photos
def value for money this month...well done all involved.....

ken anderson ne..1 ..... value dept...
Stephen Grigg23/10/2011 00:16:42
8691 forum posts
1128 photos
I searched for a thread before starting this one but having not found one started this,You can share mine Doug!!,still not finished minw want to have a read now but there is a guest in my room,a guy come from Sweden to buy a very cheap Saab from me,strange that isnt it its going back home .
Andy Green23/10/2011 00:49:15
2279 forum posts
67 photos
2 articles
I read a few of the magazines each month but only subscribe to RCM&E and this down to the fact that I trust the content each and every month.

The other mags I will only buy if there is something of interest, but most months there isn't so for this reason I won't subscribe,

I simply dont trust that there will be anything worth reading so I vet each one any make my purchase decision there and then.

I fully understand Capt Keman not wanting to buy before he can see whats in the mag as this is how I treat other mags. But for me I believe that RCM&E will not let me down, and it hasn't so far. (Except maybe the recent Plans handbook).

Andy

David Ashby - Moderator23/10/2011 06:39:22
10895 forum posts
1663 photos
605 articles
I was away last week up in the Lakes hitting a few hill tops
There's good wi-fi where we stay so I kept in touch using an iPad. I was using it to do a bit of tidying up here and there (thread titles and making sure they're in the right sections), away from the hustle and bustle it's a good opportunity.

Anyhow, I noticed Doug's thread when it went live and moved it across to link to the Nov issue preview article (so when people click on the article the thread link is at the bottom) as a way of making sure it got noticed and we didn't have multple feedback threads. The iPad seemed to interpret the back-office page differently and although I've asked our people to check, I'm wondering if something happened when I did this

Sincere apologies Doug, I was mortified when Stephen posted and I coudn't see the existing thread although, thankfully, it hadn't filled with many posts, just an early few saying they'd received the magazine (11?). So I have a feeling it was me, sincere apologies to all and before the cynics come swooping in for an easy target - we value the feedback thread and I really mean that.

Pete B - Moderator23/10/2011 08:15:59
7561 forum posts
732 photos
I notice that the subscriptions advertising page makes not one, but two, references to the UK subscribers receiving 26 issues per year, whilst the overseas subscribers get just the usual 13.

Is this an early Xmas pressie for the UK readers, David?

I also note the overseas sub has risen to £65 - a big jump from £56

Pete
Peter Miller23/10/2011 08:49:37
10011 forum posts
1177 photos
10 articles
I noticed that in the catalogue they list my Super Trooper plan as an R/C plan by plan number but don't mention it as being a control line plan.

Oh dear! Anyone who buys it hoping for an R/C biplane will be a bit fed up.

Seamus O'Leprosy23/10/2011 09:38:29
842 forum posts
115 photos
"Its getting close to that stupid stupid Americanism that is Halloween"
Sorry Tim but Halloween is an Irishism you can blame the corporates for the rest.
We always celebrated it and once the guys in suits over there saw a way of making more money they jumped on the band wagon.
Actually the funniest thing I have seen recently was the plans service having a Halloween sale!!!!!!!
Jim Carss23/10/2011 19:11:54
2062 forum posts
79 photos
Peter,

A friend of mine has just completed Super Trooper for RC eletrickery and has fitted very narrow strip ailerons to both wings and he's having problems getting it sorted.

He was advised to increase the width of the ailerons to give more authority but as yet he still has to do it.

Jim
Peter Miller23/10/2011 19:19:23
10011 forum posts
1177 photos
10 articles
I would have said that the ailerons should be 1" wide at least.

Should be interesting

I was asked if I would do an R/C version of my Cavalier but declined as I thought it would be too hairy and there isn't much room for the radio,

Maybe I should do something along thjose lines one day. Oh well, add it at the bottom of the list......I had to go down three pages to find the bottom of the list!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Addlestone Models
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us