By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

DSX 9 with four servo wing and flaps linked to ailerons

How do I get the flaps to move upwards only?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peewhit31/10/2011 17:40:27
795 forum posts
264 photos
Hi folks,

I am setting up a Skorpion on a DSX9 and the recommended flap movement when linked to ailerons is 6mm up and none down.

The built in aileron to flap mix has only one %age value which moves the flaps both up and down when aileron is applied.

A programmable mix of aileron to flap gives both flaps moving up together.

What I am trying to achieve is the left flap only moving up with the left aileron and the right flap only moving up with the right aileron.

Am I seeking the impossible here or is there a way that one of you clever people know and I don't?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Barry Ensten03/11/2011 23:01:14
8 forum posts
I can help a bit, but don't have the full answer.

On the programmable mix there is a trick that is not in the manual. You can have a programmable mix to either the left or right flap. If you mix to one they both go the same way, if you mix to the other one they go in opposite directions (I can't remember which way round it is). This might help, but I think you will end up with different throws for right and left!

Overall the DSX9 is only average for a 4 servo wing glider - snap flap is particularly bad as the throw on the aileron is a %age of a %age. From what I have seen the DSX11 is little better.

If you must have this then you will need to look at a different TX - The MPX Royal Evo or the Futaba FG12 seem to be the best glider TX's at the moment.

Barry
Frank Skilbeck04/11/2011 17:17:06
4728 forum posts
101 photos
There are a few DSX9 glider pilots on the hill where I fly and the DSX9 is reasonably popular so it must be able to be set up like you want and even set up flight phases so you can have combined aileron and flap in one phase and crow in another.

Must admit I was helping a fellow flier with an older JR set recently and I didn't find it all intuitive to program.

BTW for a 4 servo wing glider you don't need anything more than a MPX Cockpit Sx
Peewhit04/11/2011 19:01:29
795 forum posts
264 photos
Thanks for the replies.

I have all my mouldies set up with different flight modes, and apart from the Skorp they all have up and down flap when linked to ailerons so this issue has not arisen before.

Barry, I ony seem to have one flap setting as a slave on the PMix and if I use that, both flaps go up or down in unison, according to whether I apply left or right aileron.

This is not the end of the world if I can't achieve it ...................but it would have been nice.
Peewhit07/11/2011 18:49:11
795 forum posts
264 photos
It is now official that I am an absolute idiot.

All I have to do is set the aileron to flap mix as normal which gives both up and down movement for the flaps.

Then in the differential screen there is a setting for flaps as well as ailerons.

Just dial in the flap differential until there is no down movement.

Simples, when you know how.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!