Forum sponsored by CML

frsky tranny rumour?

frsky tranny

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
iawnski02/11/2011 19:18:00
1076 forum posts
28 photos
hi i have heard a rumour that frsky are bringing out a radio to go with the frsky rx,has anyone else heard anything ,i have been in touch with frsky and they have asked were i got this info from, but did not comit to saying yes or no if there was one in the pipeline ,do you no diffrent?
Martin Harris02/11/2011 19:28:21
9502 forum posts
256 photos
I'd be surprised if they weren't developing one! As the major manufacturers are all releasing dedicated sets without the capability to swap modules the market for substitute systems is shrinking dramatically.
dbflyer07/01/2013 22:21:37
51 forum posts
1 photos

This is an old thread but I am wondering if we will ever get to see a Frsky transmitter. I have searched for Frsky threads and I have followed as many threads as possible to maintain my interest (that's how I found this one!) because I am an ardent fan of Frsky receivers and tx modules, both the plug in and the DIY.

I saw a very recent posting telling me that the launch of the new Frsky tx was still about 2 months away and I have been told this so many times that I almost disbelieve its existence, it is always 2 to 3 months away, so....... to my question if it is permitted on this thread.

Currently I have an FF8 converted to 2.4 using a Frsky plug in module. Absolutely solid and I have used it for about 2 years now. No problems. In the event that I get fed up with waiting much longer for the Frsky one to appear what is the best Futaba transmitter, new, that I should buy that will take a Frsky 2.4 modification, hard wired or whatever. ( not the most expensive one though please). I have now got so many Frsky receivers that I would be loathe to have to change and in my eyes Frsky have proved themselves time and time again so I will stay with them.

dbflyer

Andrew76707/01/2013 23:13:42
809 forum posts
4 photos

Hi dbflyer..........I'm sure the FrSky tx will come but as you say, how long?....I have a 6ex with a hack module and thats fine but perhaps a little basic after your FF8. What about a T7CAP, again would need a hack module or a 10CG with a plug in module?

Andrew

Jonnor25/04/2013 14:44:48
107 forum posts

Yes, that new FrSky tx will be on the shelves next month, so they tell me. I managed to find the info on their website and it looks an amazing device... more memories that you could dream of and it'll do everything short of making the tea and charging your lipos.

It'll take you many minutes to run thru the specs.......for me it just looks too complex, but if you've got a PhD in electronics it'll suit you down to the ground. Complete with case, charger and strap all for £139.............amazing.

Stephen Jones25/04/2013 18:13:34
2885 forum posts
1657 photos

Sounds like it could be the one for then .

I have so many models i have to write down which model for which tx and memory number .

and i have five tx`s .

cymaz26/04/2013 08:58:55
9334 forum posts
1211 photos
Got a FF9 with futaba module and FrSky fasst Rx's. Perfect and no need for me to change. Those Rx's are great!
Bob Cotsford26/04/2013 10:23:47
8746 forum posts
489 photos

FF9 with FrSky module which does everything I want - but it's still a tempting prospect as a backup at that price as the FF9s are getting on now.

Kevin Fairgrieve27/04/2013 08:15:07
1682 forum posts
2980 photos

For those that have not seen it.

LOOK HERE

Kev

chris basson27/04/2013 14:44:34
168 forum posts
7 photos

That Looks VERY Interesting!

I've currently got a Futaba 6EX on 2.4 and a couple of Futaba recievers, having got fed up with paying through the nose for the Futaba gear I thought i'd take a punt on an FrSky 8 channel rx for about 1/3 of the cost! All I can say is that I'm Very Happy with the bind procedure & range being at least as good!

When I upgrade my Tx (which may be this year as I've decided to take up slope soaring) to something a bit more capable I think it maybe for one of these! It'll talk to most Rx's, has more model memories than I'll Ever need and looks like it can be programmed to do ANYTHING you can imagine!

I May never need another transmitter if I get myself one of these!

I can see this hitting the other manufacturers quite hard IF the Quality and Support are what we would all hope for!

And with T9 on the case I can't see that being a problem!

CB

Edited By chris basson on 27/04/2013 14:47:09

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!