Forum sponsored by CML

Ebay sellers...

Where do they get them from??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Daithi O Buitigh01/07/2020 19:13:47
1377 forum posts
54 photos

Now this one does seem to be a tad overpriced (I do recall buying similar when I was a sprog for all of a tanner)

Peter Miller01/07/2020 20:59:29
11214 forum posts
1321 photos
10 articles

But it is only $21 postage!!!

leccyflyer04/07/2020 07:36:46
1518 forum posts
327 photos

Brace yourselves for this one, aviation history buffs.

Not one of the few.

Jeffrey Cottrell 209/07/2020 15:15:39
186 forum posts
31 photos

Hi Guys

Not a complaint this time, but a puzzle.

Bought a Rotring set square from a seller on e-bay. Price was £3.95 + free post. This ordered yesterday and arrived today. Not bad.

The seller sent it by Bluecare Express, which I have never heard of, and included a tracking number. On the Bluecare express tracking site they are unable to provide any information for this parcel.

Anyway, when I opened the package I found a packing slip saying 'Thank you for shopping with Amazon'.

Eh?

Checked on Amazon site and they have the same item at £3.50, with free shipping if I take on an Amazon Prime 30 day trial. Otherwise it's a whopping £4.49 to ship, prospective delivery on Saturday.

I'm quite happy with the purchase, just a little puzzled whether I bought from an e-bay seller or from Amazon.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

Stuart Z09/07/2020 15:29:46
394 forum posts

Jeff

I’ve had the same sort of thing. I think it’s a case of a retailer working through both platforms and only having one set of paperwork when they come to dispatch goods.
I guess this is the world of internet selling

S

Doc Marten09/07/2020 15:54:35
630 forum posts
7 photos
Posted by Robin Colbourne on 01/07/2020 17:52:27:

I hope whoever buys this realises just how little of a Precedent Flyboy they will be getting... I seem to remember copious sheets of liteply; which are notable by their absence in the only picture out of four that actually shows the box contents!

Also if you look at the bids so far, this is a classic case of 'Shill Bidding'.

Precedent Flyboy

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 01/07/2020 17:54:53

£60 for a wingless, half box of Fly-boy parts?!

Yep, shill bidding suspected here or a buyer completely out of their mind. We'll know for sure if it's listed again at a later date.

Robin Colbourne09/07/2020 18:54:31
605 forum posts
17 photos
Posted by Doc Marten on 09/07/2020 15:54:35:

I hope whoever buys this realises just how little of a Precedent Flyboy they will be getting... I seem to remember copious sheets of liteply; which are notable by their absence in the only picture out of four that actually shows the box contents!

Precedent Flyboy

Yep, shill bidding suspected here or a buyer completely out of their mind. We'll know for sure if it's listed again at a later date.

Doc Marten, I would love to know what is going on. It did occur to me that it might be some form of money laundering, but it seems a lot of effort for a relatively small gain. If it was something in the hundreds or thousands I could believe it. The Flyboy isn't even a particularly good model even if the kit was complete.
Robin

Rod Parsons 103/08/2020 13:51:22
20 forum posts

**LINK**

bargin Komet.

Apparently it’s a “one off and you won’t find another like it”.

I think that my be true!

Peter Miller03/08/2020 15:30:00
11214 forum posts
1321 photos
10 articles

I don't think that I want to

Martin Harris03/08/2020 16:17:25
9409 forum posts
255 photos
Posted by Robin Colbourne on 09/07/2020 18:54:31:
Posted by Doc Marten on 09/07/2020 15:54:35:

Precedent Flyboy

Doc Marten, I would love to know what is going on. It did occur to me that it might be some form of money laundering, but it seems a lot of effort for a relatively small gain. If it was something in the hundreds or thousands I could believe it. The Flyboy isn't even a particularly good model even if the kit was complete.
Robin

I think you're being unfair to the seller on this occasion. Look at the recent transactions which have mostly gone for somewhere around market value.

Quite why there was so much competition to buy a plan, box and a few remnants from the contents is a matter for the perhaps deluded or careless buyer to consider when they open it in the cold light of day!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!