Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Minium conversion to shockie

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gaz Elliott30/11/2011 23:46:39
665 forum posts
30 photos
Got an old minium with more glue holding it together and weighs too much. Taxis round well! Going to rip out and have made templates for Depron shockie but how thick or thin should I use? Just hoping to do a profile Cessna
Cyclicscooby01/12/2011 00:17:29
874 forum posts
531 photos
I would have thought 3mm with a CF stiffner would be ok, perhaps with a doubled plate on the nose n belly

Have you got the worm drives, or the magnet servo's with a proper arm..??
I only ask as I had a worm drive just cease up for no reason, and the 4ch with magnet servo's, started flipping the servo's 180 degs over when I fitting it into a Guillows Cub..

Luv
Chrisie.. xx
Gaz Elliott01/12/2011 06:27:53
665 forum posts
30 photos
It is a 3 channel Cessna with worm drives. All the parts have been removed including control horns ready to go. The arms are good and worms work..... Or have I spoke too soon.? The used to float around the hall for a relaxing flight . Thought it might just help out a friend .. But not when it was. Just running round the floor due to glue over load!!!!!!
kevin wild12/12/2011 11:41:00
133 forum posts
94 photos

Hi

I ripped the innards out of a park zone p51 and made my self a shockie type indoor plane

it's 2mm depron apart from the nose where I've glue 6mm either side to take the knocks. the wing has a 2mm carbon spar and a kf section.

I fly in a single basket ball size hall and it's plenty slow enough. if i remember correctly it's 35g with the battery

I've also built a Cessna from the same system. 2mm built up fuselage and 3mm wing. the wing doesn't have a carbon spar. i did stick a single piece of sellotape on the underside though. It does bow a little on sharp turns but never let me down. the undercamber probably gives it a bit of stiffness too

have fun and if first you don't succeed then get the knife out and hack it a bit  works for me

kev

Edited By kevin wild on 12/12/2011 11:54:46

Edited By kevin wild on 12/12/2011 11:56:17

Gaz Elliott14/12/2011 09:59:20
665 forum posts
30 photos
Dooh I have cut out a profile frame and glued together but in my haste have found I've lost a small cog that fits in the worm drive. It's the one on the motor. The smaller of the two . I have swept the floor and scoured the debris , shook the mat all to no avail. Anyone know where I can source one from???

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us