Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Happenings

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
DCW04/03/2012 22:41:05
100 forum posts
66 photos

Hi All. I have started this forum thread and album, open to all and called it simply 'Happenings'. It is for things happening in 'our world' that you think that we should all know about and see. It may be an interesting happening in one of our clubs, maybe something humorous or a strange model in our skies, whatever. I have started the album off on a sad note, that is the demise of a long standing model shop, 'The Modeller's Den' in the City of Bath. I can remember visiting this model shop at the age of about nine with ten shillings, (50p), in my pocket and thinking that I could buy the entire shop! It was from this shop that most of us obtained some of our first flying models from manufacturers such as Keil Kraft, Veron, Mercury etc. In recent years however, The Modeller's Den concentrated more on plastic kits, model railways, cars and a few ARTF aircraft. It was still nice however, to visit this shop and have a chat with the friendly guys who worked there.

David.

Happenings

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator04/03/2012 22:46:38
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Always a sad day when another LMS "bites the dust"....

BEB

David Bess04/03/2012 22:57:35
135 forum posts
19 photos

In the mid to late sixties 10 bob was a lot I could go out buy 3 pints of best bitter @ one and eleven a pint and get a huge fish and chips to walk home with for two and six smiley

DCW05/03/2012 08:21:34
100 forum posts
66 photos

The Modellers Den November 2011 from above.

The shop from above. The missing upper floors were as a result of 2nd World War bomb damage.

Cyclicscooby05/03/2012 09:51:33
874 forum posts
531 photos

Sad...

I never went there, but its a shame... Any sign of another shop opening in it's place..??

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

DCW05/03/2012 10:24:26
100 forum posts
66 photos

Hi Chrisie.

Unfortunately there is no sign of anyone taking this shop on. I am heavily involved in photographic retailing to even contemplate such a venture. It is a nice thought though.

TTFN

David

Geoff Smith 105/03/2012 11:12:54
545 forum posts
88 photos

Sorry to hear about The Modellers Den closing. This is my local shop and I have supported them in the past but as David said they have taken to selling plastic kits and car oriented stuff. We are not very well covered by LMS's in this area and it will be a great loss.

Geoff..................nostalgic dept.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!