Using album photos

Adding a photo to a thread from your model flying albums

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Bott - Moderator08/03/2012 15:23:38
6545 forum posts
1359 photos
1 articles

Using photos from your albums on modelflying.co.uk is probably the easiest way to add photos to forum posts. To make an album and add photos to it see Steves great tutorial here.

To use your album photos in forum posts :-

Step 1 Assuming you already have a photo album, upload your photos there. (Albums can be found by clicking My Photos in your My Account area, top left of the screen)

Step 2 In the thread where you want to put the photo, click the camera shaped button.

Step 3 This brings up a list of your albums. If you click one, you should see a list of photos appear in the next column. Click one of those and a thumbnail of it should appear in the right hand column.

Step 4 Once you've chosen the correct photo, click OK and hey presto - the picture should be in the thread.

One other thing that would help, please put multiple photos one above the other with a space in between. We've had some where the browser assumes they are side by side, and it shoves the pictures under the right hand ads.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 09/03/2012 16:17:08

Alan Pennington20/05/2013 12:22:49
174 forum posts
46 photos

Tryed that but in my photos I have 2 albums one is the one I need, but when I click on the camera shaped button only one album shows and it's not the one i need. I just created this album do I need to wait?

Edited By Alan Pennington on 20/05/2013 12:23:29

Alan Pennington20/05/2013 12:31:24
174 forum posts
46 photos

Thanks. Got it to work, embarrassed my fault

Pete B - Moderator20/05/2013 12:33:03
7522 forum posts
722 photos

Hi Alan,

When you click on the black camera button you should get a grey 'Insert image from album' panel with a list of your albums on the left. I've just checked your photos and you certainly have both albums there. Shouldn't need to wait...

Is it still showing only one album?

Pete

ps Great stuff - wish they were all that easy!teeth 2

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 20/05/2013 12:34:00

kenking-King Design10/09/2013 22:30:19
233 forum posts
723 photos

This has happened on both occasions when I have transferred album photos to a thread;- the photos appear in reverse order to the one in which I inserted them, so my storyline is back to front and all my efforts are deconstructed, so to speak. what am I doing wrong ?

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator10/09/2013 22:45:56
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Hi, you are probably lefting the insetion cursor before the picture you have just inserted - so the new one goes above it. If you move your mouse to the lower left hand corner of the picture you have just inseted, then two two carriage returns to create a space between pictures, then insert your next picture you should be fine.

BEB

Ian Jones11/09/2013 02:45:59
3218 forum posts
1397 photos

I do as BEB suggests but sometimes it's me that's put the photos in the wrong order.

If that happens then the photo can be dragged & dropped into the right place - remember to make sure there is an empty line above and below afterwards though (otherwise it can mess up the page layout).

Ian

Danny Fenton11/09/2013 11:35:46
8986 forum posts
3871 photos

No we are in an area that really annoys me......

It is a shame we cannot have a better browse/insert faciltity in the album. I often need to quickly insert a pic from a Spitfire blog from a couple of years ago. I know the pic is there and often have to "view the album" to find the picture number, before then using the insert function, as the insert function lists them all by name. A shame we cannot insert the pics from the album view screen?

PS the Spit album has 600+ pics so highlighting each one to see the preview is a non starter crook

Cheers

Danny

Pete B - Moderator11/09/2013 11:40:55
7522 forum posts
722 photos

It's certainly annoying, Danny. Even if you give each pic a descriptive title once you load them it still only shows the filename on the insert page- and renaming every pic before uploading would be horrendous...smile o

Pete

David Richardson 223/10/2014 00:39:33
43 forum posts
43 photos

I am new to the forum and am having to learn some of the tricks from scratch. My BIG problem is getting photos to upload into an album. I have created an album and I see a column of "browse" boxes to put in photos. I have done that so that two or three boxes have pic numbers alongside. They are all jpg format. Everytime I press the upload button it takes a l o n g time to resolve and finally I get a message that reads "Sorry, the website has an error and the page you requested cannot be displayed at this time. Please try again later."

Please help me someone. What am I doing wrong?

David R.

Craig Carr23/10/2014 08:49:37
666 forum posts
408 photos

Hello David,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong as such. That's sometimes happened to me as well.

I think if the images you are trying to upload are of a massive file size then this can sometimes cause the upload to fail.

If it happens to me I just upload one or 2 pics at a time rather than fill all of the boxes.

Craig

Chris Bott - Moderator23/10/2014 08:55:47
6545 forum posts
1359 photos
1 articles

Hi David and welcome to the forum.

It sounds likely that each of your photos has a large file size.

I find image resizer very useful to make smaller copies of my photos before I upload them.

Once installed, when I look in a folder full of photo files, there's an extra option available in the dropdown that appears when I right click on a photo. "Resize Pictures" is now an option.

(This does assume you're using a windows PC)

Pete B - Moderator23/10/2014 09:00:16
7522 forum posts
722 photos

Craig's right, David. I'd suggest resizing your pics to something like 1200 x 800 pixels and uploading no more than three at a time if you have a fairly slow internet connection. As Chris mentions in the first post on this thread, have a read of Steve's tutorial where there is a more detailed explanation of the process.

Pete

Nigel Day23/10/2014 09:10:30
1158 forum posts
213 photos

Thanks for the image resizer link Chris, very useful.

David Richardson 223/10/2014 19:59:18
43 forum posts
43 photos

Many thanks both Graig and Chris. I downloaded the Image resizer program but also found the file resizer option on the right click of the mouse. I'll see if it works.

David Richardson 223/10/2014 20:08:41
43 forum posts
43 photos

It works - and it was under my nose the whole time. duh! I right clicked over the image and selected medium. I tried the small size but that pixilated the image too much. The medium size reduced the image size from 3.5 Mb to 250 kb. So thanks again - we're in business.

cymaz23/10/2014 20:35:12
8309 forum posts
1148 photos

It's a shame you have to put pictures in the albums first and then onto a thread/posting. I haven't found a way to put a picture from my laptop straight onto a thread.

Easy once you get used to it.

Tim Mackey30/03/2015 14:41:46
20930 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Is there a problem if trying to insert an album image into a thread whilst using Android phones - cos I dont seem to see an insert / attach option when trying ?
Ta
Chris Bott - Moderator30/03/2015 21:16:44
6545 forum posts
1359 photos
1 articles

Hi Tim

I just had a check - On my Android Samsung phone - I can only see a box to type in, but not the lines of buttons above. However on an Android Nexus 7 Tablet, it all looks just like it does on the PC. i.e. all buttons visible.

How very odd.

Tim Mackey30/03/2015 22:22:45
20930 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Indeed.
It seems the platform has not yet been optimised for smartphones then ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us