Forum sponsored by CML

Creating an Album & Adding Pictures

How To Do It

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Hargreaves - Moderator09/03/2012 16:03:36
6744 forum posts
191 photos

To add photos or pictures to your post the easiest way is to upload the item to your photo Gallery. This is how you do it.....

Please note only pictures in jpeg (*.jpg) format can be uploaded.

Click on the My Photos link next to your Avatar or the 'Albums' button on the red line at the top of the page. This will open a new page as shown below...

Now click on "Create A Photo Album" as shown above. This will take you to...

Add any Title or Description as you wish. Then decide if you want the album to be Public or Private. Public means that anyone can click on your profile & see your photos. Private means just that...only you can see them. Check/Uncheck the box as appropriate. Then click on Create Album

A photo album with no photos in it is not much use so now we need to add a picture or two. Click on Browse

This opens an additional window that will allow you to browse your computer for the picture you wish to insert. Click on the picture & then click Open. This will transfer the location of the picture to the box as shown below

Please note only pictures in jpeg (*.jpg) format can be uploaded.

Repeat for any other photos you might wish to upload.

Caution.... The site will allow you to upload up to five photos in one go. However if you have a slow internet connection you might find the upload process will fail if you try to add too many photos at once. Try adding only two or three photos at a time. You can always add more later.

When you have prepared the pictures for transfer press Upload Photos.

If the photos are large files this can take a while.....please be patient.

Once the upload is complete you will get the following screen....

If you have no more photos to upload then thats it.....click on Save Changes & the job is done

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 29/06/2014 16:32:55

Fredrum29/06/2014 15:52:57
136 forum posts
194 photos

Hi Steve,

I am a total forum newbie. This may seem like a silly question, but how do I get to the page that appears in your first picture here?

Thanks

Pete B - Moderator29/06/2014 16:31:46
7627 forum posts
733 photos

Interesting point, Fredrum! Welcome to the forumsmile

If you haven't any photos, you probably haven't a link next to your avatar! No problem, just go to the red bar across the top of each page and click on 'Albums' - that will take you top the page shown above and you can then create an album and add pictures.

It's worth noting that if uploading is taking too long, the page may time out. In that case, I find resizing the pics to 1200x800 and uploading just 3 at a time seems to be more reliable.

I'll amend Steve's post above to reflect the changes which have taken place since he put it upthumbs up

Pete

Fredrum03/07/2014 12:02:45
136 forum posts
194 photos

Thanks Pete and thanks for the welcome. I have created an album and will now head over to the sandbox and leave a little deposit smiley

The Wright Stuff23/10/2014 09:53:13
1381 forum posts
226 photos

Quick question Pete, Steve,

Once I've uploaded photos to an album, is there a way to move individual images from one album to another, without deleting and re-uploading?

Cheers.

Pete B - Moderator23/10/2014 10:14:15
7627 forum posts
733 photos

No way that I can think of, TWS, sorry. The only route into an album seems to be via the interface page which allows you to browse your computer for the image to be uploaded.

Pete

The Wright Stuff23/10/2014 12:19:10
1381 forum posts
226 photos

Hi Pete,

As I thought, but thanks for taking the time to check for me.

I'm not sure if anyone else would find it useful, but could I suggest it as a longer term feature request? As people upload more and more stuff over time, it gets increasingly hard to find things unless one is able to have a 'sort out'.

Cheers,

TWS

Jim Purcha09/03/2016 03:55:54
146 forum posts
120 photos

Why does my photo change orientation when I have uploaded it to an album?

Jim

Pete B - Moderator09/03/2016 09:36:01
7627 forum posts
733 photos

For some reason, Jim, I can't access your photo albums in the normal way, ie clicking on the '67 photos' in the left pane of your posts - it's just a blank page. Normally it will show a list of the member's albums. I can't find any option in the settings menu to make that optional. The strange thing is that your pics are appearing in your posts, so your album/s clearly exist.....dont know

In respect of orientation, ISTR that if the pics are taken on an iPad or similar and you change the orientation for uploading, they revert to the original orientation on the page. This came up a couple of years ago and I can't remember how it was resolved.

I'll have a chat with the other mods and see if anyone has any ideas.

Pete

Jim Purcha09/03/2016 11:40:10
146 forum posts
120 photos

You might not have been able to access the photos because the albums were not marked as public. I did that just now. Yes. the recent photos I have been using my apple iphone 4..

Jim

Pete B - Moderator09/03/2016 12:13:59
7627 forum posts
733 photos

Ah yes, can see them now! A possible explanation and partial solution to the orientation issue might be found in this thread.

Pete

Jim Purcha12/02/2017 03:53:32
146 forum posts
120 photos

I thought, I could delete photos from an album without affecting the an attached thread. I guess I was wrong, Is there any way for we to reinsert photos into a thread I have created?

Jim

Pete B - Moderator12/02/2017 10:17:31
7627 forum posts
733 photos

If it's the BAE Hawk thread I think it's beyond realistic, Jim. I've just added up the pics in that thread and there are 84 of them, which, if you were to upload them to your album, would take many hours of editing by one of the mods - and that's not considering whether the right pics would go in the right place as the newly-uploaded pics would have a different address to the original, AFAIK.

An option would be for you to re-upload the pics, create another thread and copy your original text into each post and insert the images from the album as you go - you could consolidate a number of posts and that would save a bit of time but don't try to cram too many pics in each post as the system will protest.

I could contact one of the techies during the week and see if the backup on the servers would contain the images - that's about the only thing I can think of a present.

I think this is a salutary reminder to all that uploaded pics and those linked-to on hosting sites are best left untouched...smile o

Pete

Jim Purcha12/02/2017 12:17:29
146 forum posts
120 photos

Thanks that is a couple of good suggestions. I copy and could re build the a shortened thread.

The backup sound like a good suggestion. thank you very much.

I would never get a moderator to try to rebuild the pictures in the thread.Too bad, I can not edit after the 30 minunte limit. I would just fix it my self.

Jim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us