By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Ask..Peter Miller

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David McCulloch14/03/2012 17:11:14
14 forum posts

Hi, Peter I think I am becoming a Peter Miller groupie , three years ago I built your Feugray [my first ever from a plan] and was delighted it did every thing you said and still gives me a great kick to fly. I have now purchased your Werewolf package but before I start I really want to build the new Turbulent. I know this is coming from Ram Models but will it be in the next couple of weeks or is it going to be longer I can,t get an answer from Ram . As I am now aged 75 I am not one for the waiting game ,can you help? Regards David

Peter Miller14/03/2012 18:50:30
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

Hi David.

Don't hold your breath on the Turbulent. The owner of RAM models is just having the wood cut I believe but is not sure if he should wait until he has a range of kits.

I am currently working on his next model.

Basically I can say build the Werewolf, you will probably have it finsihed long before the Turbulent hits the market.

I will send him a ccomment and link to this thread.

Martin - RAM Models14/03/2012 19:30:43
84 forum posts

Hello David,

I am Mr RAM Models for want of a better title. Peter kindly sent me an email me this evening pointing me to your comments.

Firstly apologies for not getting back to you. We experienced a problem with our email server (please don't ask for further details as I am not computer minded at all) and it appears that we may have "lost" some emails.

We were originally looking to have the Turbulent released during February, however time spans have slipped slightly due to working on getting a couple of our other products released.

As Peter said we are now looking at getting the wood cut and as soon as I have delivery dates back from our chosen company I will post details here.

We also produce our own range of walkaround Cd's for modellers and I have been granted access to a full-size Turbulent to photograph and it will be an addition to our range in coming weeks. It might be an aid for people in adding some extra detail here and there, just remember to keep it light

David (or indeed anyone else), if you want to be kept up to date please drop me a PM or an email and we will add you to the mailing list to advise of what is happening with the Turbulent and other planned releases.

We are a small company that has just set up. Our core business is at present for the plastic modeller. However we have some exciting R/C designs lined up for release as plans & plan packs over the next 18 months from a number of recognised designers. Watch this space as they say.

Regards Martin

www.rammodels.co.uk

Nick Burroughs15/03/2012 12:44:28
83 forum posts

Hi Peter

I have a friend who is building your Slingsby T21. He is having some problems with joining the wings. His email address is cielosazules.5@gmail.com. His name is Maurice and I wonder if you could contact him.

regards Nick

Peter Miller15/03/2012 18:33:54
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

I have contacted your friend. Can't understand what the problem is, it is pretty simple and well described in the instructions.

Nick Burroughs15/03/2012 19:20:18
83 forum posts

Many thanks Peter. I will be seeing Maurice on Saturday and hopefully with your help we will sort everything out

regards Nick

David McCulloch02/05/2012 10:17:44
14 forum posts

Hi Peter, I am starting to build the werewolf as you suggested earlier, being a bit lazy I purchased the pack of lazer precut parts from RCM&E when I opened the pack there was no F1 former, on examining the parts list I discovered it is not even listed as this is the main former it seems a bit odd not to include it in what is described as a complete set for £125.42. Perhaps you can have a word with the powers that be.Incidently the lazer cutting is OK but it does not compare with Stevens Aero USA or Sequoia Greenfinch which are on a different planet. I have managed to obtain your new Turbulent plans from Martin at Ram Models so as you can see I am pretty busy. Kind Regards David

Fun Flyer02/05/2012 10:41:47
275 forum posts
32 photos

Is the Turbulent plan available??? Its still not showing on the RAM site.

Peter Miller02/05/2012 11:37:18
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

Apparently Dave has bought a copy of the plan from RAM Models. Not sure when the kit will be available. The owner has been on holiday for three weeks.

I had a word with SLEC about the missing former on Werewolf.. they are looking into it. No one else has complained.

Edited By Peter Miller on 02/05/2012 11:39:34

David McCulloch02/05/2012 16:28:49
14 forum posts

Hi Peter,I can Fax SLEC a copy of their contents sheet which shows pictures of all the parts provided but no F1 Regards David

Peter Miller02/05/2012 18:08:07
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

It might be a good idea. The chap who does the cutting only has a list of parts. No illustrations as far as I know.

You pictures could even be supplied by My Hobbystore.

I just send the plan to RCM&E and they take if from there.

I do not even send my plan to SLEC because the final result in the magazine can be a bit differetn from my original.

Don't ask!!!

tony aimer16/06/2012 15:47:55
11 forum posts

Peter

Do you perhaps remember what airfoil section you used for the "size zero" model?

I am redrawing some parts in AutoCAD with a view to making them on my new laser

machine as the trial cut examples.

Something better than TLAB perhaps?

Thanks

Tony Aimer

Johannesburg

Peter Miller16/06/2012 19:32:07
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

IT is probably NACA 3412 NACA3412 will work very nicely as it is like ClarkY but with more Philips entry.

tony aimer17/06/2012 08:59:53
11 forum posts

Thanks Peter

I carefully measured the plan just now and it looks more like 3314 to me.

Tony Aimer

bouncebounce crunch17/06/2012 09:22:35
1739 forum posts
212 photos

I remember you posting something along the lines of "I had to give away the parts needed to build my planes as long as they were built from my plans." Well i'll be a happy recipient, and boy oh boy now your gonna have my wifes' , mothers' grand daughter to answer to. OH my punctuation is rubbish

From Bounce.

Peter Miller17/06/2012 11:08:25
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

Tony, Could well be 3314. They are all much the same when you get down to the smaller sizes. I just make sure that they are flat bottomed from the spar back to the T.E.

By stteing them at truue 0 degrees incidence they work like symetrical sections.

BB crunch,

I think I said that I had" farmed out one or two of my plans and provided the materials.".

What happens is that I have done this, then I can take the necessary photos during contsruction and in flight and do the article.

I also said that I gave up on this after one person took 3 years to complete the model.

bouncebounce crunch17/06/2012 11:13:08
1739 forum posts
212 photos

Sorry Peter was only being toungue in cheek. I didn't mean to offend and that 3 year job, did it turn out good?

tony aimer17/06/2012 11:37:46
11 forum posts

Thanks for the info peter.

Look forward to getting my laser cutter up and running using size zero for the purpose

Might take a while though!

Tony Aimer

Peter Miller17/06/2012 19:17:26
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

Ok. Hhave fun with that.

Does it run DFX files?

Edited By Peter Miller on 17/06/2012 19:20:30

Peter Miller17/06/2012 19:21:50
9906 forum posts
1160 photos
10 articles

BBCrunch

You didn't offend, it takes a lot to offend me.

Of course you could have a similar arrangement, just pay my travel expenses to come and get the static and flying pictures!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Motion RC
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us