Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Fighter Boys . Patrick Bishop

Saving Britain 1940.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rob16/04/2012 15:57:58
232 forum posts

Just finished this book, It is a must read for anybody interested in the RAF and the Battle of France/Britain.

The author has captured the spirit of the airforce at that time and explains in great detail the formation of squadrons and the techniques of training and fighting in that period. The author has looked at the personal aspect of the battle from the views of the people fighting and not the usual aspect of an overall war.

A truely powerful read that had me gripped from opening the front cover untill the last page.

Rob

Andrew76716/04/2012 17:17:03
807 forum posts
4 photos

Rob...It is a fantastic read...and you'd probably enjoy The Most Dangerous Enemy by Stephen Bungay....If you havn't alreadysmiley.

Andrew

Wilco Wingco02/01/2018 13:33:52
123 forum posts
3 photos

Just finished "Fighter" by Len Deighton. A very concise historical account of the BB, it's fighters, men and politics from both the German and British sides. More a historic record than a first hand experience but with contributions from flyers of both sides as well as comments from Albert Speer Hitlers Minister of Armaments. A brilliant read.

Fighter Boys next on the list with a follow up of "One of the Few" .

Martin Harris02/01/2018 16:17:32
8478 forum posts
212 photos

Try to get hold of "Spitfire on my tail - a view from the other side" by Ulrich Steinhilper - it's fascinating how similar the attitudes and experiences were.

Percy Verance02/01/2018 17:28:44
7918 forum posts
152 photos

Rob

Yes, Fighter Boys is a great read. Working for a National Charity takes me round several of our shops in our area, and I spotted this on a shelf a year or so back. Well worth the 50p I paid for it. The hard hitting first hand accounts certainly keep you reading.......

Highly recommended if WW2 RAF history is your bag. yes

Edited By Percy Verance on 02/01/2018 17:39:35

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Motion RC
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us