Forum sponsored by CML

GiantShark

Customer Experience & Service Thread

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Allan Bowker13/05/2012 12:49:38
1627 forum posts
227 photos

By now most of us know the name change to GiantShark. The previous thread has been locked down as too much speculation was being mooted, therefore please can we keep comments to actual experiences of customer experience and service.

Steve W-O13/05/2012 15:16:12
2775 forum posts
310 photos

For continuity, I placed two orders last Thursday, hopeful that they will arrive tomorrow.

Tim Hooper13/05/2012 20:39:59
2872 forum posts
2363 photos

Small order placed. I'll keep you posted.

tim

Pete B - Moderator13/05/2012 21:02:12
7627 forum posts
733 photos

I placed an order for airmail delivery to France on Saturday evening (12/5) - normally has taken 7-8 days - I'll let you know when it arrives.........

Pete

Andrew Ray15/05/2012 08:34:24
760 forum posts
19 photos

A good experience. I ordered 2x 3300 3s 25c Lipo's at 3pm on Wednesday and they arrived on Friday morning. Priced at just under £25 each with £4.05 for First Class insured postage I thought it was good value and the service was goodthumbs up

Andrew

Nose Dive15/05/2012 16:30:18
26 forum posts

Here's my GS cock up. I originally placed my order on Wednesday last week, and some of it arrived on Satuday

by Nose Dive 2 on Sat May 12, 2012 9:07 am

Just received a big white padded envelope from GS with only part of my order enclosed. Does anyone know if the rest could be following in a different package, or has there been a cock-up at the picking stage? Here's what I ordered, and next to it what I have received:

1 x SF 3D propeller 10x4.7 SF Black £0.46 1 received
2 x Emax 8X6 Electric Slow Fly Propeller £0.46 2 received
2 x SF 3D propeller 7x5 / 178x127mm Black £0.68 1 received
2 x Corona 2.4Ghz DIY Module & RX (DSSS) CT8Z £22.76 0 received
2 x SF 3D propeller 9x6 SF Black £0.80 2 received
1 x 3mm Prop Adapter £0.69 0 received
1 x 3.17mm Prop Adapter £0.69 0 received
1 x Gens Eco 2200 20C 3S Lipo Battery £12.99 1 received

All my previous orders have arrived complete in one parcel, so I'm a little concerned

After a speedy response by GS to my support ticket, today I received another package. BUT my reply to their team is as follows:

"Hi Mat.

Ok, I've received the extra missing bits thanks. BUT There are no receivers in the corona DIY kits. I notice the listing has now been changed to show that receivers are not included, but when I ordered them, they definately had 8ch rx's included in the kits, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered them! I ordered 2 sets as it was cheaper to buy an extra kit than just a receiver.

One mistake is forgivable, but this is starting to get silly now. What do you suggest?

Mark"

This is getting ridiculous. What's really annoying is that they are obviously buying the kits in with receivers included, same as they have always done, but are now removing the rx's and selling them separately angry  Let's see what they say now

Edited By Nose Dive on 15/05/2012 16:31:06

Edited By Nose Dive on 15/05/2012 16:52:12

Codename-John15/05/2012 16:55:55
1087 forum posts
18 photos

Well I ordered 2 Frsky TFR6 rx`s on saturday after using the price promise thing to get them around a quid cheaper than anywhere else i could find, had an email yesterday to say they`d been dispatched, arrived here today.

So I`m happy and normal GC service resumed it seems, for me at least

nick mann15/05/2012 18:25:03
3 forum posts
1 photos

it appears that 'many a beef' is with regards to price hikes, the opening banner clearly states that if we inform them of cheaper pricing elsewhere they will adjust accordingly.......how about giving them a shot at redemption??

Codename-John15/05/2012 18:50:02
1087 forum posts
18 photos

Nick, may i refer you to post 1, this thread is for actual experience, not discussion, that one got locked down

Ben B15/05/2012 19:04:16
1420 forum posts
4 photos

Here is my experience (make of it what you will)

Put an order in for an inrunner Thursday morning about 10am. Previous GC experience lead me to expect this Friday 90% of the time, if not Sat. It arrived lunchtime Monday. I had done a GC stock reminder but it appears in the transition to GS the reminders got wiped as I never received a reminder despite the stock arriving.

Bad service? No. As good as GC used to be? No. Was it posted within 24 hours? You decide!

My only gripe (other than the slightly sluggish sending out) was that the website made me accept that as I had apparantly paid for 1st class shipping it was uninsured and any losses would be my responsibility. Of course this isn't entirely true because I paid on a CC so would just claim it off them and they'd withdraw the payment to GS. And in any case because it was an expensive motor they only gave me the option of insured recorded delivery so I had to pay for insured anway. And when it arrived it was recorded delivery so it's clearly just a website error.

Oh well, the impending RCM+E subscribers discount will I'm sure encourage everyone to ensure GS is the continued success GC was devil Hey- why not? Owned by the same parent company, would encourage non-subscribers to subscribe and encourage subscribers to give more of their hard earned to MHS.....

i12fly15/05/2012 19:33:18
609 forum posts
21 photos

My experience was very positive.

Ordered Sunday pm (2 x RX & a prop), acknowledged to me in the evening.

Received an email Monday evening at 8.25pm (night shift?) to say despatched and with the tracking number.

Received parts 9.24am Tuesday.

So I'm happy with my experience. Guess there are always likely to be teething problems with any new big organisation though, particularly if it is run on low margins

Pete B - Moderator15/05/2012 20:24:50
7627 forum posts
733 photos
Posted by Pete B on 13/05/2012 21:02:12:

I placed an order for airmail delivery to France on Saturday evening (12/5) - normally has taken 7-8 days - I'll let you know when it arrives.........

Just checked the tracking. It was collected from GS at 1629hrs, Mon 14/5 and it has now arrived at Roissy, Paris.

GS met my expectations, so now it's down to La Poste......

Pete

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator15/05/2012 20:35:17
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Hi Guys,

can I make a couple of requests here. This company is coming under a pretty intense spotlight - no problem with that, they're "fair game". But can I ask two things in fairness.

1. If you do have a problem let the company know and give them a reasonable opportunity to respond before you come on here an rubbish them. As we all know anyone can make a mistake - its what we do about them that really matters.

2. If you do have a problem please stick to the facts - not value judgements, opinions etc. and definitely not insults!

This isn't aimed at anyone above - I'm just laying out the turf-rules as it were for this discussion so that it stays within the CoC and the T&C..

I am not giving this company any special treatment - it makes no odds to me, I don't do much electric, never ordered much from GC and I don't work for them! I would ask the same, in the cause of simple fairness, for any company under this degree of scrutiny.

BEB

JC15/05/2012 20:40:57
283 forum posts
53 photos

I just placed an order for a FASST FrSky Rx. 20 quid plus 3.40 delivery to Germany smiley. If you want it insured then it is a lot more. That is however par for the course. I must say that the payment process was much smoother than before. very slick. So far so good.

FunnyFlyer15/05/2012 20:47:24
269 forum posts
11 photos

@BEB

You're right to insist that people stick to the facts.

But surely they can make their own mind up if they post on here before contacting the company?

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator15/05/2012 21:20:09
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Read my post again FF - it doesn't say that you have to contact the company before you post on here. It says "before you come on here an(d) rubbish them" (copied even with the typo!). There is a difference.

BEB

Fats Flyer15/05/2012 21:33:18
477 forum posts
12 photos

Personally,theres nothing to rubbish them about.I have made a couple of orders since they changed names and owners and no complaints .The first order was slower than normal,but ,that is acceptable seeing as what has happened and still happening.I think everyone should let them get comforable and settled.Im sure Rob is still overseeing the transition for a while.

As regards the prices,im still happy to pay them as they are still cheap compared to others.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 15/05/2012 22:18:17

nick mann15/05/2012 22:02:05
3 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by Codename-John on 15/05/2012 18:50:02:

Nick, may i refer you to post 1, this thread is for actual experience, not discussion, that one got locked down

you are absolutely right....when my order (placed yesterday) arrives i'll re-post, although my previous post was as a result of experiencing the new site so technically........wink

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator16/05/2012 14:51:34
6744 forum posts
191 photos

I've just deleted a post that to say the least indulged in some wild speculation.

Please try & stay objective & take note of BEBs request above.....

Some facts......

Giantcod the company was placed on the open market by its owners.

My Hobby Store Bought the business as a going concern.

RCM&E has nothing whatsoever to do with Giantshark other than being part of the same group.

Blaming RCM&E for anything to do with Giantshark is like shouting at the guy who supplied your Siemens washing machine because the Siemens train you were on broke down.....

Here endeth the lesson.....sarcastic 2

Olly P16/05/2012 14:54:08
3215 forum posts
181 photos

Beat me to it Stephen!

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us