Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Yt seafury cowl fixing

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike Rieder16/05/2012 16:37:36
44 forum posts
15 photos

Hi Guy's, can I get your thoughts on the best way to secure the cowl hatches on my YT Seafury. Ideally I don’t want to see anything from the top and have tried using strong magnets and elastic bands underneath but they have not held in place when the motor is running.

I am about to use 4 canopy spring catches but this will mean cutting the top and having the sliders visable.

Bit of background on the model – it is a 10 year old version which was unmade in the box and I have converted to electric using a actro 40-5 motor, 18=10 prop on 10 cells.

Any thoughts would be welcome,

Mike

seafury cowl 1

seafury cowl 2

desmo888sp14/10/2012 17:21:09
12 forum posts

mike how are you getting on with the old bird

Mike Rieder15/10/2012 11:13:51
44 forum posts
15 photos

Not bad thanks, but not flown it a lot as I have had problems with the retracts and now changed them to electric which should be more reliable. my landing skills need to improve so only flying when conditions are good. I haven’t started the Tiger cat yet but hope to get round to that soon,

Mike

seafury decals 2

desmo888sp20/10/2012 17:58:39
12 forum posts

mike it looks fantastic - any more pics...the weathering looks

Which electric retracts have you used, i am going to start building the yt spit over the winter and wants to replace the air with electrics

can't wait to see what you do with the tigercat!!!

Mike Rieder22/10/2012 14:27:21
44 forum posts
15 photos

Cheers Desmo,

The electric retracts i am using are from Whites models **LINK** the large ones, which have been really good especially for the price. If you do use them just watch out you don’t allow the 5 mm rod to extend too far down into the fixing as I did and it ended up stripping the worm gear.

I also added a pair of sport oleo legs from **LINK** which has helped take some of the load on landing.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us