Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Priory Models Silhouette

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
martin collins 112/02/2019 20:41:23
111 forum posts
39 photos

That looks like it could be in the air fairly quickly, all it needs is a nice colour scheme!..............

Paul Marsh12/02/2019 20:48:11
3527 forum posts
977 photos

Details of the company...

priorymodels (2).jpg

Martin Harris12/02/2019 21:52:03
8293 forum posts
210 photos

Paul - you're a supernovastar - I've searched the net a few times for any info on the Supernova with virtually no success (not even a photo) but even this small amount of info might have avoided a model threatening incident with the one I acquired a couple of years ago.

I've been delighted with it - and it's interesting to see that the advert recommends up to 120 sized engines as the small amount of documentation that I got with it only mentioned 60s - I'm using an SC120FS which is perfect for the model.

The incident I referred to above was while doing a flat spin - it flatly refused to come out of it. It had needed a proper spin recovery previously on numerous occasions but nothing (including pulsing the throttle) would persuade it to drop its nose or stop rotating. Fortunately, there was a thick crop of maize between the air and the ground and the model suffered only minor damage.

After some thought, I made a new larger rudder (see the link for more info about why the rudder was just a guess) which is probably a very similar size to the one pictured in your advert and transformed its behaviour - spins now stop on command instead of after a turn or so...

Paul Marsh13/02/2019 20:06:22
3527 forum posts
977 photos

I scanned the page in. Problem is that Priory were never tech savvy, and therefore had no on-line presence when they were trading. The last show they did was the Nats, about 6 years ago, and retiring from the company. I bought a Wombat then and built it - the last model from them..

Also, had a quick look through my pics files, there are more, maybe, but found a pic of their stand at Wings & Wheels in early 2000's

priorystandold.jpg

Denis Watkins13/02/2019 20:36:44
3493 forum posts
165 photos

The Maroon, and the Green Silhouette on the back row, far left

I bought mine at Barkston Heath £40 boxed, and it does fly well

He was finishing then, at that show, but I can't remember the year

Edited By Denis Watkins on 13/02/2019 20:39:25

Stephen Smith 1413/02/2019 21:23:59
122 forum posts

I have a super nova bought it at the nats must have been late 90s sat in the loft till end of 2016 when I had pneumonia. Had nothing to do sat about for 8 weeks so built it.

Flies really nicely with a 2 stroke sc108 have taken it to a ukcaa meeting but never flew it at one, but even though no one knew the model they where happy to let me fly it if I wanted to.

Not flown it for about a year now, might get it out Saturday and give it a go.

Martin Harris13/02/2019 21:52:28
8293 forum posts
210 photos

My original rudder doesn't look much smaller than the correct design but it's rounded at the top - perhaps that extra bit prevents blanking in a spin? How easily does yours recover?

This was the model before I enlarged the rudder...

super nova.jpg

and with the "improved" version...inverted due to trying to turn it through 90 degrees and the forum software doing the rest!

20190213_213138.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Motion RC
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us