By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Galaxy Domino Bipe build

Build log of the Galaxy models Domino Biplane!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Galaxy kits to remain in production

Galaxy kits to remain in production

new UK source announced - 9/8/12

Concorde Speedbird21/08/2012 20:10:11
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Nothing again!angry

Went out today, will try and get some done tomorrow morning, maybe joining the wings.

I need this message!

CS

John Payne24/08/2012 00:04:44
162 forum posts
63 photos

As an incentive to build I am adding a couple of photos of mine for you. The first is the original build with a Super Tigre 45 in the front and the original cowl.

Domino 2

The second photo is of the same model with a Laser 75 installed and a balsa cowl. Has a lot more power like this and flies very nicely. the Super Tigre was OK but lacked that punch.

Domino 1

Keep up the good work. Cheers, John.

Concorde Speedbird24/08/2012 08:14:56
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Very nice, she is a pretty aeroplane! Thanks for those, they help inspire me!

Been away the last two days, going to Norwich today, got schoolwork but I'll try and get the wings joined tonight.

CS

Concorde Speedbird24/08/2012 20:49:58
2721 forum posts
632 photos

PROGRESS! Both wings are now joined! Here are the missed pictures,

Leading and trailing edges setting

Wing valley!

Wingin' it! Leading and trailing edges setting.

Wing

The tips

Wing tips

Making my Wooden tips, not glued on yet, they will have triangle formers as well.

Trebler

There are the treblers, which make it extremely strong.

After my great day, I'm thinking a Red Arrows style scheme would be nice!

And again,

CS

Concorde Speedbird25/08/2012 22:44:36
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Wingtips on lower wing glued on, top ones should get done tomorrow.

Think I have decided on the scheme, Red Arrows scheme on the Fuselage, with the red white and blue rudder and white stripe, on the lower wing underneath the white triangles like the reds, but on the top of the upper wing maybe a half union jack so I can see which way up it is.

But I change my mind all the time, so that may change!

CS

Dale Gibson26/08/2012 18:52:12
123 forum posts
26 photos

You're getting there now CS.....colour scheme sounds great!!.....keep the pics coming.

Dale

Concorde Speedbird27/08/2012 14:30:24
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Thanks Dale!

Pics

Tips glued on

All wing tips glued on nicely now, will add triangle strengtheners.

What she looks like!

I couldn't resist putting her together to get an idea of what she'll look like!

Shaving hill

Been razor planing the trailing edges to go with the wing today, couldn't get a good photo so here is proof with my hill of shavings! Once all the plane is done it'll be a mountain!

CS

Roy Mundy27/08/2012 23:21:04
453 forum posts
Looking good CS I like the wing tips much better than the plastic ones in the kit. I think I will do the same to my wings I've only fitted the bottom wing tips and they are not a nice fit.
Concorde Speedbird28/08/2012 10:57:36
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Thanks Roy, I didn't bother trying the plastic ones. I am going to put some triangle pieces in to give it some strength, I'll get a picture when I do.

Putting the Foam-e Wotty lipos on charge (our one and only electric plane) I took a look at the Domino plan, and interestingly it shows the top wing with an option for ailerons on it, like I am doing with mine. But the instruction manual says nothing. I haven't even used it for most of it!

Wing work to do, and I've got to start our completely re designed top fuselage, it'll end up looking more like a Jester. And an open cockpit!

CS

Tony H28/08/2012 11:10:12
846 forum posts
242 photos

Good work CS, I think the wood wing tips are a good idea and you will be pleased you made the extra effort.

I've put the Magician build on the back burner now the weather is flyable again.

Concorde Speedbird28/08/2012 21:15:51
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Thanks Tony, I'm looking forwards to some Magician progress, but I need to get some flying in myself as well!

Well today was measuring, cutting, measuring, cutting, measuring, cutting, trimming, measuring, cutting etc! Back to some Fuselage work, getting the front top deck sorted, all wood for me and no hatch. Also sllightly re-designing it so that it runs parralell with the top of the fuselage instead of sloping upwards as it goes back, to save some weight and make it look nicer in my opinion, more like a Jester.

CS

Roy Mundy03/09/2012 17:26:59
453 forum posts

Ive only gone for the bottom ailerons as I wanted to make it quicker and less fuss to dismantle.

Anything for an easy life lol, .......................I may regret it you will have to let me know how yours flys.

I am hoping to get back to my build very soon and i will post some more photos.

Concorde Speedbird03/09/2012 17:31:23
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Mine should fit in our car in one piece, so hopefully that won't be a problem. It'll be fine on two ailerons, our Jester always was and other people who have owned the Domino said it was fine. Look forwards to see how you get one with the next step in the build!

I have been building, working on the top deck. School starting Wednesday, so I need to prepare but I'll try and get some picks tomorrow maybe.

CS

Concorde Speedbird03/09/2012 21:18:31
2721 forum posts
632 photos

What I have been doing.

Top deck formers

Both top deck formers now glued on, the angled one being the instrument panel. Tempted with an open cockpit to try out some scale detail with some dials on there, but that is for another day!

Top deck

Here you can see my completely redesigned deck starting to come together. This is not glued yet. Originally, this had a tank hatch at the front and then a foam veneered piece in between the cabanes. And it all sloped upwards as it went back. Now it is just simple formers which will have balsa top and sides, sanded to shape. It is also flat, parallell to the fuselage top. Next is to make the side pieces, which will be tricky.

CS

Tony Bennett03/09/2012 22:02:01
5081 forum posts
129 photos

looking good boss.

Concorde Speedbird03/09/2012 23:07:04
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Thanks master.

CS

John Payne04/09/2012 07:34:53
162 forum posts
63 photos

It's coming on well, nice one. Cheers, John.

Concorde Speedbird04/09/2012 23:24:03
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Thanks John, means a lot!

More done today! Sides of front top deck cut, pics soon, going well, a lot of cutting and planeing to fit next!

School starts tomorrow...angry I'll try and keep up my build rate.

CS

Tony H26/09/2012 13:08:40
846 forum posts
242 photos
All looking good so far. Any news? Have you finished it yet?
Concorde Speedbird26/09/2012 16:53:01
2721 forum posts
632 photos

Errr... no! Been busy with school, and I have actually got some flying in with the Funfly (smiley) but I have done some building. The front top deck is now ready for sanding, then the rear deck needs doing, Wings need finishing (Ailerons and trailing edges) and then the tail surfaces need building, and then covering! I'll try and do some more tonight!

CS

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CADMA
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us