WOT 4 issue

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark a28/08/2012 08:42:11
321 forum posts
3 photos

Hi all.

New to the forum.

I'm building a WOT 4 mk2 at the moment and i've found a slight issue with the elevator control rod slot in the rear fuselage its on the wrong side.My old WOT 4 has it on the right looking from the tail and the new one on the left.I would think that all i have to do is switch which servo controls which control surface.

Any thoughts.

Mark.

Concorde Speedbird28/08/2012 10:47:01
2730 forum posts
649 photos

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm a big Wot 4 fan! Is this the ARTF Wot 4 or the kit one?

It won't make a difference really which side it is on, just use what would be the rudder servo on the oldie to be the elevator servo, no problem.

Hope that helps!

CS

Dennis Jones28/08/2012 10:58:56
68 forum posts
83 photos

Hi Mark

As you look forward from the tail the elevator slot is just in front of the tailplane the one one the right under the tailplane is the one for the pull pull rudder and is same place on the left , so the front slot is elevator rear slot pull pull thats port (left) side one slot on starboard (right) iss pull pull rudder. On mine the rudder servo is higher than the elevator servo to stop foulling

Hope this helps

Dennis

Codename-John28/08/2012 11:09:26
1087 forum posts
18 photos

someone else had this problem a few weeks ago if i remember, there was only a slot for elevator on one side, and it was the opposite side to the instructions, he managed to put it that side, with a bit of fettling because of the pushrod fouling the formers inside.

The easiest way, if you dont have a slot on the proper side, is to cut your own, taking measurements from the other side

Mark a29/08/2012 08:59:14
321 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Guys.

Thanks for your thoughts.It is a ARTF so i'll make it work using the slot on the wrong side but RIPMAX 's QA department must be blind not to spot this error as the instructions clearly state that the slot is on the right veiwed from the rear.I'll let you know how i get on.

Mark.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us