Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

BAe Hawk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Litten31/08/2012 18:37:21
32 forum posts

Hi All

Having looked at Cyril Carr's BAe Hawk in the September issue, I want to build one but I don't know where to source a plan from. I know there's a few out there to choose from but they are all rather small and as I have an EDF unit that is capable of giving 1500w continuous power, I'd like something around 54in span. I think the Andy Conway plan is around 46in so if I could lay me hands on one of those I could enlarge it up to the size I want. I've looked on the PSSA site but have not been successful in gleaning any information. Can anybody point me in the correct direction so I can beg/borrow/steal or purchase a decent plan for the Hawk, I'd rather it be scale then something that had a prop attached to it.

Thanks for any help, Ray_L

Concorde Speedbird31/08/2012 18:42:40
2721 forum posts
632 photos

I'll look around, but I got some pics the Reds if you are interested.

Red Arrows Diamond

Red Arrows at Norwich

Reds split

And again,

CS

David Gilder31/08/2012 18:49:09
1855 forum posts
656 photos

Ray, PM sent

Ray Litten31/08/2012 18:54:49
32 forum posts

Hi, C.S. thanks for the quick reply. I've got quite a few pictures of the 'arrows' myself but I'm not sure whether they'll be any use to me. It's surprising how difficult it is to get some good plan shots. I've now looked at the Andy Conway plans and attempted to print them off onto sheets of A4 but the results are quite poor. Looking on the different web sites that sell plans hasn't helped too much either. If you find anything during your searches that cover an EDF construction of a T1 then I'd be very interested.

Ray

WolstonFlyer31/08/2012 19:05:45
2104 forum posts
189 photos
Is this 3 view any good? Not a plan but may help.

http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/hawk_1_3v.jpg

Or some good views inside this zip file:
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/hawk1_sam.zip

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 31/08/2012 19:19:09

Phil Cooke31/08/2012 20:17:35
2390 forum posts
1640 photos

Hi Ray,

The PSSA Plans page states the Andy Conway plan is available directly through the PSSA - send an email to the webmaster address, listed on this page HERE and I can provide you with an original plan for the 44" span Hawk at a cost of £10 plus postage.

Andy has done a bigger Hawk 200 for 90mm EDF, it must be 52 inch span (picture HERE) - I dont have the plans for this one but I again if you email the webmaster address on the PSSA site I can put you in touch with Andy directly.

regards

Phil Cooke

Ray Litten01/09/2012 09:14:39
32 forum posts

Hi David

Thanks for the email and please excuse the ignorance, but what does 'PM sent' mean.

Ray

Ray Litten01/09/2012 09:16:15
32 forum posts

Hi Wolston flyer.

Thanks for the array of pictures, they will certainly help, especially the coulr scheme ones.

Ray

Mark Powell 201/09/2012 09:24:35
430 forum posts

The Schubeler Hawk. Beautiful but rather expensive. Needs a really top 90mm EDF.

Ray Litten01/09/2012 09:26:02
32 forum posts

Hi Phil

I've emailed the webmaster and said I'd like plans for the 52in model as the EDF unit I have is 90mm. What's the next step?

Ray

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us