Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

what, where and who?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services16/10/2012 21:35:19
1704 forum posts
661 photos

The airframe for my Precedent 1/4 scale Stampe is now nearing completion (at last!), but I just have a few questions about fixtures and fittings.

Firstly, a guy at the club mentioned a company called models fittings as a source for bits and pieces, does any one here know of them, because I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Secondly, I am after a couple of decent scale cockpit bits and pieces or even kits if available to add some much needed detail, again, at a loss as where to look.

Lastly, in a quandry about power source, the kit specifies 4strokes in the range of .91 to 1.20, I have a laser 100 and a Saito 125 here and I will use one of them, but can't decide which to plump for, any reasons out there for choosing one over the other? sound, power, torque, ease of use? Either case it will be fully enclosed and inverted.

Any suggestions, help or advice much appreciated

Dylan - New to Scale dept.

Phil 916/10/2012 21:51:48
4287 forum posts
247 photos

you are after model fixings for bits and bobs

inZpan is a good starting place for cockpit details thet sell full kits to individial dials and details

as for your engines I would be tempted to fit the saito just for the extra power

Bryan Lea16/10/2012 21:53:54
8 forum posts

I think your friend probably meant Model Fixings. **LINK**

They do lots of bits and pieces. I have bought nuts, screws and drills from them. Highly recommended.

Can't help with your other queries though.

Bryan

jeff2wings16/10/2012 22:50:12
804 forum posts
1967 photos

Both engines will be more than adequate to fly this in a scale like fashion with good aerobatic capability, the laser would be easier to cowl but the fuel tank may be a problem ,you can’t go wrong with either one.

What are you looking for regards the cockpit detail ?? you can make a lot from bits and bobs out of the scrap box, it’s not that hard ,just takes a bit of thought and time, if you need ref material I have some available

thumbnail 2.jpg

thumbnail4.jpg

Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services16/10/2012 23:09:36
1704 forum posts
661 photos

cheers guys

as far as detail in the cockpit goes, I would like a fairly realistic looking instrument panel in both bays, but my idea with it being planked out at half depth was to print photo quality pics of the the floor area and glue that to the planking, want it to look convincing without going over the top and spending a fortune, any ideas whatsoever would be most welcome, as this is my first scale build I dont really know what I am doing when venturing away fom the plan and of course that doesn't show any detail what so ever.

I'm pretty tempted to go with the laser, I suppose I can always change it over at a later stage if i wanted.

John Olsen 117/10/2012 10:16:11
446 forum posts
23 photos

The cockpit detail is something that is interesting me too since I have a 1/3 scale Morane Saulnier under way...there are some pics in my album. I'm trying to decide what to do that will not be too overboard in terms of time, but will look right, since the cockpit will be quite easy to see into with the aircraft on the ground. I do have a link on the web to some quite excellent pictures of a replica...probably too good in fact. They show a daunting amount of detail, all of which could be reproduced quite well in such a large scale.

John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us