Articles

Ady Hayward05/02/2013 22:13:23
733 forum posts
1224 photos

Thanks Chris. I'll email GAD and let them know to check in with you

jordan hall11/02/2013 12:06:56
15 forum posts
2 photos

is there a charging point where you can charge your batts or do you need to bring your own

ken anderson.11/02/2013 12:12:04
8454 forum posts
773 photos

the two occasions i've been to the greenacre's do...you need to DIY your charging etc.....

ken anderson...ne..1 ....DIY dept.

jordan hall11/02/2013 12:15:14
15 forum posts
2 photos

no what i mean is do i need to bring my charger or is there one supplied

Chris Bott - Moderator11/02/2013 12:16:50
6670 forum posts
1382 photos
1 articles

As Ken says, there is no mains power on site.

Andy Muckley11/02/2013 19:15:52
365 forum posts
13 photos

Hi Jordan, you will need to bring your own field charger and power for said charger i.e. 12 volt battery supply for your charger, hope this helps

bert baker22/03/2013 23:31:27
1458 forum posts
304 photos

Hi to all.

If all goes well, my flying chum and I are going to come along.

I have got a few questions, as being new to fly- ins. and was struggling to find out the format for the weekend.

Is there a post code for the the site - Greenacres

Can we arrive on the Friday night.

What facilities are there at the site.

Do we need a permit to fly-use the site

what are the flying times.

Are Jets welcome.

Is there any restrictions on petrol engine size.

Are models noise tested before flight.

Is there any other restrictions we need to know about..

Apologies for asking, to some they may seem daft but having looked at the club web site I ended

up with more question than I started with.

Don't want to turn up and upset someone's weekend or to find after a four hour drive I have brought along a plane I can't fly.

Bert

Chris Bott - Moderator23/03/2013 10:02:04
6670 forum posts
1382 photos
1 articles

Hi Bert

Many of the answers can be found on the Greenacres website, start here for fly ins.

The post code is on the website locations page, and is WS9 0QQ

Yes you can arrive on Friday night.
There is plenty of space for camping. There are toilets on site with cold running water. There's no electricity. A mobile caterer attends doing the usual burgers, hot dogs bacon baps, chips and hot and cold drinks etc, along with a pretty good full breakfast.

Yes jets are fine, just remember it's a grass strip. Nothing is noise tested, but if something were noisy enough to raise eyebrows then the marshals may not allow it to fly.

The events page on the website starts:-
There are three GMAC Fly for Fun events organised again for 2013. All are open to visitors (No Walsall Flying Permits required). However current B.M.F.A. insurance proof is mandatory with a minimum of BMFA "A" certificate, this is a requirement of our landlords for anyone to fly at the field. No reasonably sized model aircraft will be refused on the day unless considered to be problematic. Pilots will sign to say that all planes have been flown previously and to guarantee all flying models physical and electronic integrity.

The idea is to have an informal get together of pilots. Both GMAC members and pilots from anywhere else.

It is not a show, and anyone can fly. Please see the Galleries section for photos of previous events.

Entrance is free, Greenacres members fly for free, but we charge visiting pilots a nominal fee of £5 for a days flying.

A mobile caterer is booked (Hot and cold drinks, burgers, hot dogs etc) and also trade stands to attend.

bert baker23/03/2013 11:17:26
1458 forum posts
304 photos

Many thanks.

I did have a look at Greenacres web page. found to be very comprehensive.

The only other question is the flying times for a fly-in rather than general club flying.

Many thanks

Bert

Chris Bott - Moderator23/03/2013 14:07:44
6670 forum posts
1382 photos
1 articles

Oops sorry missed that question.

Flying starts at 10:00 on Saturday and Sunday if people gather in time for the pilots briefing at 09:45. (Always a bit like herding cats!)

The official marshalled fly in goes on 'till around 17:00 on the Saturday. Some campers fly quiet models in the evening, off the peg.

On Sunday the flying comes to an end around 16:00 or 16:30 so that the raffle and informal presentations can be made. No further flying is allowed on the Sunday, to allow the Greenacres guys who have been there working hard for days, the chance to take everything down and get home for a well deserved rest.

bert baker23/03/2013 16:49:09
1458 forum posts
304 photos

Excellent many thanks.

That cover s all I and maybe others need to know

Cheers

Bert

Paul Marsh23/03/2013 17:07:09
3727 forum posts
1057 photos

I will go this year. Was going to go last year, but the weather put me off. Was worse than predicted, but didn't wanted to go down and waste the trip. Need to use the caravan more.

scott finnie23/03/2013 17:11:04
756 forum posts
95 photos

I'm planning on coming down and camping, fingers crossed it will be summer time by then and not the awful spring were all having!

Sf

ceejay26/03/2013 18:33:54
426 forum posts
322 photos

Good evening all

for those of you of a WW1 persuasion you might be interested to know that a bunch (if thats the right collective noun!!) of the Dawn Patrol are making the trip to greenacres should be a goodly group! see you there.

chris poyser. DP founder memberyes

Chris Bott - Moderator26/03/2013 19:25:48
6670 forum posts
1382 photos
1 articles

Good to hear Chris, will the DH2 be coming along?.
Do you think you'll be attending either of the other Greenacres events this year too?

They are 25th/26th May, and 27th/28th July.

Andy Muckley26/03/2013 19:29:45
365 forum posts
13 photos

Brilliant news as i never get tired of waching the Dawn Patroll guys, bet Mr Redshaw and Jez will be in attendance too as its allways nice to meet up with them

ceejay27/03/2013 18:10:57
426 forum posts
322 photos

Hi

will have to check the other dates, but ifim free Greenacresn is allways a good weekend especially as i only live 30 miles away, the DH2 is currently undergoing a major overhaul and refit, complete with a new colour scheme, after it sufferd some extensive damage following a dead stick whilst at an event in Germany last august, my deadline is for mid May for the vintage weekend at Stow Maries Aerodrome, but i still have a small mountain of work to do, i have taken pics of the work as it progresses dunno if its of any interest on forum at all. but it is progressing,

chris

Chris Bott - Moderator27/03/2013 23:34:31
6670 forum posts
1382 photos
1 articles

Hi Chris that's sad news about the DH2. Yes any pics of the work would be of great interest indeed.

About the Greenacres events, I heard mention tonight that the July date my yet change. Watch this space!

cymaz28/03/2013 06:40:23
8767 forum posts
1190 photos

Is there any reason Greenacres can't be held on a Bank Holiday?? Or is there a council restrictionsad

bert baker28/03/2013 16:35:47
1458 forum posts
304 photos

Hi

Looks like it's game on for me and Smithers popping up to Greenacres

Where can I find out more about the Vintage weekend at Stow Maries.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us