Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

RCM&E April 2013 issue preview!

RCM&E April 2013 issue preview!

in the shops 8th March

Les Holloway01/07/2019 17:15:33
34 forum posts
34 photos

I’m a bit late to the Oodalally party, but in case anyone is still interested, here’s my take on Peter Miller’s great design. I kept the RCM&E plan from years ago because I liked the look of it and finally got around to building this last winter.

ood-36w.jpg

No longer able to lug fuel containers, starters and other i.c. gear around because of age and infirmity, I opted for an electric version. You can see my solution for mounting the Rimfire .32 motor in one of the pix – alloy standoffs from a substantial ply firewall to get the prop in the right place. The bottom of the cowl is largely cut away to promote a free flow of air over motor and ESC.

ood-18w.jpg

ood-19w.jpg

A large top hatch with a spring latch fixing allows easy access for 4s 4500 lipos.

Quite a lot of lead went into the cowl to get the balance point where it should be – I guess the Rimfire is a lot lighter than Peter’s original .32 SC engine. Should have lightened the tail feathers!

ood-31w.jpg

However, the maiden flight last weekend was a delight. No trim needed to get straight and level flight, unlimited vertical climbs, and by the second flight I was looping and rolling all over the sky. Many thanks to Peter for a super design and to fellow builders for their tips on this blog.

ood-38w.jpg

Levanter01/07/2019 17:25:20
883 forum posts
437 photos

Lovely model Les

Must kickstart my build to get it finished. Mine has an inverted Saito.

Levanter

Peter Miller01/07/2019 18:06:09
11093 forum posts
1309 photos
10 articles

That is very smart.

I must admit that I too am finding that lugging all the gear is too much. I keeppromising that I will take an ic model to the field but always feel too tired and weaksad

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!