By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Credit where credit is due. Very good customer care from GiantShark.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
GrahamC04/12/2012 22:19:55
1237 forum posts
196 photos

I'm very pleased with my most recent expereince of Giant Shark. I ordered a couple of servos a couple of weeks ago, and as it was just the two servos opted for the ordinary first class post. [Not signed for]

Well I got my email indicating delivery was imminent and I waited, and I waited.... and I waited some more.

And no servos!

Well I logged on to the site and opened a customer service ticket reporting on the missing servos, indicating that I was getting a little nervous.

Well Colin, the customer service rep, responded quickly and suggested that we just wait a couple more days. He then contacted the post office who told him that first class mail might take up to two weeks!!! to arrive.

I offered to wait till the end of the two week window, notified Colin when there were still no servos and... He said he would pop some replacements in the post.

Well two replacement servos turned up in the post today by registered post.

Very good service, good communication, and its registered post for me from now on!

Thanks Colin and GiantShark!

SkippyUK04/12/2012 22:50:56
287 forum posts
23 photos

Never had any problems with Giant Cod or Giant Shark.

Only real problem I have had is with Al's Hobbies - OK when I finally got to talk to someone who wanted to sort it out but took too many calls to get there.

ben goodfellow 122/01/2013 19:53:46
1069 forum posts
41 photos

i too had the same problem ordered wire, heat shrink and quite alot of lipos ,after a week or so never got them contacted gs/gc asked me to wait a little while longer on royal fail , a few more days later i contacted them again and as i had waited said they would send the order again , in mean time royal mail said the order had been delivered and that i had signed for it ... funny that cos at the time "I" signed i was 10 miles from home at work. Any way gs/gc were really good with the matter they could of been funny or awkward but the service i received was first class the person was COLIN if i recall correctly.

John Cole23/01/2013 10:06:20
615 forum posts
24 photos

FIrst class post: I've just had a Christmas card + letter delivered 4 weeks after the date printed on the envelope by Royal Mail and posted first class.

If domestic mail is delivered 3 days or more later than it should be then provided you can show this you are entitled to a book of 6 First Class stamps.

Bucksboy23/01/2013 15:26:07
560 forum posts
106 photos

My last order with Giant Cod was ordered on the web Friday night and delivered on Tuesday, snow was still on the ground too. Excellant service, both from GS and the Post Office.

David Ashby - Moderator23/01/2013 16:16:45
10939 forum posts
1682 photos
613 articles

Off topic post removed, this thread is about GS.

Please re-post but be aware of the guidance we've posted about using this forum section, thanks. 

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 23/01/2013 16:20:17

moorer23/01/2013 20:34:11
206 forum posts

I have always had great service from Giant Cod and now Giant Shark they have been courteous and helpful on the two times that things have been lost by Royal Mail, I cannot fault them.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CADMA
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us