Articles

Sea Fury

Sea Fury

Black Horse's ARTF up close

Jon Laughton05/01/2013 14:15:41
1175 forum posts
105 photos

Hi

I have a spare OS BGX that's looking for a home and was thinking about this model & possibly refitting it with Eflite 90-120 retracts

Does anyone have one of these and how does it go together / fly?

Thanks

Jon

Jon Laughton06/01/2013 06:22:01
1175 forum posts
105 photos

C'mon there must be someone out there with one?

Nev Haycox20/02/2013 16:40:14
327 forum posts
20 photos

Hi Jon, It looks a beauty from what I can see of it on-line. I too would be interested to know how it goes together/flies so if there is anyone out there with one please let us know what you think. Cheers.

Nev.

Jon Laughton20/02/2013 22:48:46
1175 forum posts
105 photos

Hi Nev

Yeah the Youtube videos look pretty good but it seems that this is not a model that is selling 'like hot cakes'...

I'm still mulling it over and trying to compare it to one of the larger Sebart models that can be converted to ic....love those

Jon

Nev Haycox21/02/2013 12:08:15
327 forum posts
20 photos

Hi Jon,

Perhapes you've already seen it, but, there is a artical by Alex Whittaker on the BH Seafury in the June 2012 issue of RCM&E.

Nev.

Jon Laughton21/02/2013 14:30:19
1175 forum posts
105 photos

Thanks Nev

I had forgotten although I had read it when the mag came out - just revisited it in the archives and it is certainly making me think long and hard.....

Jon

andy watson21/02/2013 18:05:59
1942 forum posts
20 photos

I wouldn't have too many worries since you are not using BH retracts. I had a black horse p40 which had retracts made of butter. Completely ruined the plane and did knock my confidence in a brand which I had bought several of before.

They do seem to be able to put together a lot of airframe for not a lot of money. However I might have a concern about this with this specific model. It's not cheap- I might be concerned that some of their budget choices had made it into an expensive model. Having said that (retracts excepted) the p40 was a very solid plane and I liked it a lot. If it is possible to actually see one before buying I think that might be a good idea.

andy watson21/02/2013 18:06:21
1942 forum posts
20 photos

I wouldn't have too many worries since you are not using BH retracts. I had a black horse p40 which had retracts made of butter. Completely ruined the plane and did knock my confidence in a brand which I had bought several of before.

They do seem to be able to put together a lot of airframe for not a lot of money. However I might have a concern about this with this specific model. It's not cheap- I might be concerned that some of their budget choices had made it into an expensive model. Having said that (retracts excepted) the p40 was a very solid plane and I liked it a lot. If it is possible to actually see one before buying I think that might be a good idea.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us