Forum sponsored by CML

Citabria Pro (1/8 scale)

A 48", parasol-winged, aerobat.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Phil Cross15/06/2015 11:47:34
2 forum posts
1 photos

I must thank you Tim for designing and creating plans for this cracking model. I have recently completed my build which was a real pleasure. I found this forum to be really useful. It helped me no end. The maiden proved to be quite uneventful, just a couple of clicks of elevator. A fellow club member handled the take off, trimming and landing but I had the pleasure several minutes on the sticks. She flys beautifully. Keep up the good work Tim and thanks again. Here's a pic of mine (even the LED lamp in the nose works) :

my_citabria.jpg

Tim Hooper15/06/2015 21:39:24
2853 forum posts
2363 photos

Hello Phil, and welcome to the forum! teeth 2

It's great to hear that you're pleased with your Citabria - she looks superb! I love the idea of the working light too.

tim

Mike Smith15/06/2015 22:20:08
226 forum posts
203 photos

Looks great Phil. It took me a while to get used to the flight characteristics of mine - I never did manage to fully iron out the thrust line issue, but it's ok once you get used to it and it certainly looks good in the air.

Phil Cross16/06/2015 14:19:18
2 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks for the kind comments Tim & Mike. After 3 years of rc flying, I still seem to be very much a novice. The chap who maidened my Citabria Pro for me is our club examiner and an amazingly adept flyer. He was very complementary about it's flight characteristics. It chuffed me as this is the first "off plan" plane I've built, although I've built a couple of kits previously. I dont feel qualified to comment about the thrust line. Perhaps I was fortunate to hit on setting it correctly. My next build? ... RBC kit's Tiggie (it's waiiting in the loft).

GaryC07/02/2016 17:15:06
2 forum posts

Hi Tim,

Is the plan correct in showing the blind nuts for the wing strut mountings at different distances from the root/nearest rib? If the plan is correct I am curious as to why this should be so; left to my own devices without your expert advice I would make them the same. It probably does not make much difference but in the interest of perfection....

Regards,

Gary

Tim Hooper07/02/2016 20:27:49
2853 forum posts
2363 photos

HI Gary,

That's a good catch! Looks like a simple drafting mistake that snuck in! Apologies.

Essentially, you can place the blind nuts wherever suits you, as the actual struts are made in situ to suit the individual model.

tim

GaryC08/02/2016 14:34:26
2 forum posts

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your (very quick) reply. No need to apologise though it's only a small detail. If there had been no excellent forum to consult its's what I would of done. However there would always have been a little voice nagging at me saying " I wonder if Tim had a cunning plan?".

Best wishes,

Gary

(the Gary thats always been in the process of building a Tipsy Junior every time we have met)

Flyoz07/03/2016 03:18:08
24 forum posts

Hi Guys lovely little plan. I just restored a crashed one but for the life of me I cannot find the recommended aileron throws any where They dont appear on the plans with the Elev and Rudder throws.

Can anyone suggest a good start point as Im very uncertain how to set the itial throws with such short wide ailerons :D Thanks in advance

Rory Wilson 114/06/2019 11:34:44
5 forum posts

Hi Tim, and fellow CITPRO fans. Great build log! I have only just signed up to RCM&E, so apologies for the rather late past it's sell by date message! About two years ago I completed a CITPRO from your plans, but chose to convert it to a 30 size Magnum FS installation. It looks good, flies great all the while making the right noises. One of my favourite late afternoon lazy fliers. I also didn't follow the original paint scheme, instead taking my own artistic licence.

Greetings from South Africa.

Rory

Tim Hooper14/06/2019 22:50:39
2853 forum posts
2363 photos

Thanks Rory!

I don't blame you for making up your own scheme - as there was only one prototype ever made, the scale purists choices are a bit limited!

Any photos of your efforts?

Tim

Rory Wilson 118/06/2019 10:51:03
5 forum posts

Hi Tim,

I will endeavour to post a few pictures.... just need to figure out how to upload photos.

Regards,

Rory

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Motion RC
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us