Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Cheap Tissue from Hobbycraft

5 sheets for 99p

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Barry Ensten16/02/2013 22:57:24
8 forum posts

I happened to be in Hobbycraft and notice they sold tissue at 99p for 5 sheets. Anyway I bought some and it is similar to Esaki lightweight tissue. It has good wet strength and reasonable shrink. I have used it with Eze Dope and Banana oil and the results are pretty encouraging. It is available in several colours including Silver. The silver is more expensive though, and feels a bit waxy, so may not work as well but I have not tried it yet.

Barry

BTW Als tissue has no wet strength - guess how I found out.

thunderstreak.keith18/02/2013 23:58:45
286 forum posts
121 photos

barry, I went to hobbycraft online store. entered tissue paper in the search but i only got various colours 5 for 89p or a pack of 20 (i presume assorted) for £1.79. Is this the same stuff you bought? hope so because I`m looking for a cheap source for my rubber jobs. keith

Barry Ensten26/02/2013 22:07:51
8 forum posts

This looks like the stuff, 10p cheaper and in a different package - its so cheap it is worth a punt

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Hobbycraft-Pack-of-Five-Red-Tissue-Papers_244180.htm

barry

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us